PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater setup as well as all live stock for sale as one.. already up and running!!

calgaryluv
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi, so now i just have the tank to sell... so if anyone wants it , 14 gal bio cube, heater , lights , filter and everything u need built in .. grt for a small tank, quarentine tank, or small bedroom tank. im asking 135.00 comes with testing equipment and extra salt..
135 OBO ..
403 605 7331 or email mailto:tayryevan@gmail.com
EMAIL FOR PHOTO'S

Murminator
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
must know about salt water fish..
14 Gallon bio cube
yellow tang

I'll leave it alone

calgaryluv
06-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I'll leave it alone

yes? am i missing something? what is it you are attempting to leave alone? did i not post in the right area?

xtreme
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
You might want to consider selling the tang to someone who has a larger tank. It doesn't have enough room in the 14.

findingnemo1
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Yep ill leave it alone to...:cry:

Leah
06-08-2009, 10:34 PM
They are just trying to say that a yellow tang generally needs at least 4 foot tank, however you are selling and probably never told this at the L.F.S.:biggrin:

fishoholic
06-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I'll leave it alone

I wont, a yellow tang should never be kept in a 14g cube :surprise: Whoever sold it to you should of explained that tangs should not be kept in less then a 4 foot long 90g tank. Not trying to be mean but I am passionate about tangs.

calgaryluv
06-09-2009, 05:00 AM
I wont, a yellow tang should never be kept in a 14g cube :surprise: Whoever sold it to you should of explained that tangs should not be kept in less then a 4 foot long 90g tank. Not trying to be mean but I am passionate about tangs.

Wow i Never knew this..... and that is why i want someone who knows about salt water fish to be there new owners.. as i know my ananome is out growing the tank but i dident know the tang fish would.. i got all my live stock from the same store and guy who sold me the tank so i would think that he would tell me this.. but yes i could tell you anything about leopard geckos as they are my passion however fish were something far beyond me and i know how you all feel as i hate when someone comes on my foroums and has leopard geckos that they know nothing about... it makes me sick .. so i understand, but this is why im selling them cause i have to many commitments and if you are not able to put forth the effort to learn about what you are doing and willing to put in the work required you should not own it, and i did intend to learn and put in the time into them but my geckos boomed and they just meen so much to me as do your fish.. im not a bad person just made a bad decision... thanks and i totaly understand everythink you guys are saying.. as for not selling everything together with the tank what should i do and i dont know what they are worth? like what to sell it for if i sold them indevidualy....

Leah
06-09-2009, 11:29 AM
It has happened too alot of people, do not feel to bad. You could pick a price for the tang
maybe less than what you paid, maybe sell him on his own. Or you could take him to another L.F.S., or you could give him away to someone with a way bigger tank. You could
still try and sell the rest as is, it is up to you. Good-luck, hope this helps!
Happy Geckoing,
Leah

fishoholic
06-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow i Never knew this..... and that is why i want someone who knows about salt water fish to be there new owners.. as i know my ananome is out growing the tank but i dident know the tang fish would.. i got all my live stock from the same store and guy who sold me the tank so i would think that he would tell me this.. but yes i could tell you anything about leopard geckos as they are my passion however fish were something far beyond me and i know how you all feel as i hate when someone comes on my foroums and has leopard geckos that they know nothing about... it makes me sick .. so i understand, but this is why im selling them cause i have to many commitments and if you are not able to put forth the effort to learn about what you are doing and willing to put in the work required you should not own it, and i did intend to learn and put in the time into them but my geckos boomed and they just meen so much to me as do your fish.. im not a bad person just made a bad decision... thanks and i totaly understand everythink you guys are saying.. as for not selling everything together with the tank what should i do and i dont know what they are worth? like what to sell it for if i sold them indevidualy....

Sorry, I believe you are a good person, it just drives me crazy when store owners do not properly inform people (who are just starting out in the hobby and don't know any differently) about the needs and requirements of the fish/corals etc. that they are selling to them. I'm glad you understand and I hope you explain about the tang to whoever buys your set up, if they do not already know. If you want to sell the tang on it's own I've seen yellow tangs sell for around $20-$40.

Zoaelite
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
+1 Fishoholic,
When I was first starting out I went to a LFS to buy my first clean up crew, well the guy sold me 15 red legged hermits and this MASSIVE EVIL destroyer crab (to which he informed me was a "sifter crab", by the time I got home the evil crab had devoured all of the red legged hermits. Moral of the story, some LFS give bad advice, some give amazing advise but the most important thing to do is the research before you purchase anything. Perhaps you should treat the little guy and send him to michika (Catherine's) tank, yellow tangs need allot of swimming room. If you care about animals as much as it sounds like you do then a 6 foot plus tank is the ideal location for this guy!
Levi

fishytime
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I would offer to take him, but already have a yellow.

Red Coral Aquariums
06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
calgaryluv;
I would take the yellow tang back to the LFS where you purchased it and demand your $ back. Unfortunately that store will continue its questionable practices unless checked.
Kevin

Murminator
06-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Thats why it is always best to fill your library 1st then fill your tank 2nd :mrgreen:

Hope you find good homes

muck
06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
On a side note... would love to visit your gecko forum.
Please pm me the addy.

Ryan

michika
06-10-2009, 03:55 AM
I heard my name!

If you decide not to take your tang back to the LFS, PM me the details, size, etc. and I'll see if I can't find it a good home in my system.

karazy
06-10-2009, 03:57 AM
+1 Fishoholic,
When I was first starting out I went to a LFS to buy my first clean up crew, well the guy sold me 15 red legged hermits and this MASSIVE EVIL destroyer crab (to which he informed me was a "sifter crab", by the time I got home the evil crab had devoured all of the red legged hermits. Moral of the story, some LFS give bad advice, some give amazing advise but the most important thing to do is the research before you purchase anything. Perhaps you should treat the little guy and send him to michika (Catherine's) tank, yellow tangs need allot of swimming room. If you care about animals as much as it sounds like you do then a 6 foot plus tank is the ideal location for this guy!
Levi

LOL, i heard about that. Those crabs are actualy pretty cool when they arent destroying

calgaryluv
06-10-2009, 05:06 AM
On a side note... would love to visit your gecko forum.
Please pm me the addy.

Ryan

the placei most frequant is taras.. the alberta reptile and amphibian sociaty... grt place for not only geckos but all herps .. grt ppl..

http://www.albertareptilesociety.org/forum/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=26152

so i heard what you all said and thanks for the advise and so i sold alll the live stock ...so now i just have the tank to sell... so if anyone wants it , 14 bio cube heater , lights , filter and everything u need built in .. grt for a small tank, quarentine tank, or small bedroom tank. im asking 135.00 comes with testing equipment and extra salt..
thanks for all the advice..
amanda