PDA

View Full Version : Ich attack

burtonpj48
06-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Hello, I'm trying this product from kordon, ich attack. I'm using it on my main tank, Safe for inverts. Has anyone got good results with it. Its 100 percent organic. If anyone has tried it before. Is it best to unplug the skimmer?

naesco
06-07-2009, 02:43 AM
Hello, I'm trying this product from kordon, ich attack. I'm using it on my main tank, Safe for inverts. Has anyone got good results with it. Its 100 percent organic. If anyone has tried it before. Is it best to unplug the skimmer?

What are the ingredients of Ick Attack?

burtonpj48
06-07-2009, 03:07 AM
the ingredients are 5% active ingredients(multiple natural herbals containing Naphthoquinone) 95% inert ingredients,
thats what its listings. I want to try and treat my blue tang in the main tank. Instead of stressing him out by trying to catch him and moving out my coral and live rock

edikpok
06-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Is this stuff coral safe? have you tried it?

naesco
06-07-2009, 03:21 AM
the ingredients are 5% active ingredients(multiple natural herbals containing Naphthoquinone) 95% inert ingredients,
thats what its listings. I want to try and treat my blue tang in the main tank. Instead of stressing him out by trying to catch him and moving out my coral and live rock

"natural ingredients" sounds like garlic juice and 5% sounds like watered down garlic juice
You are better off going to a lfs and buying garlic extreme or to a health food store and buying garlic extract and returning the bottle to the lfs that sold it to you.

Whey risk putting something in your tank, that the seller wont tell you what it is.
I have never heard of or used the stuff.

burtonpj48
06-07-2009, 04:30 AM
I got it at big al's one of the saltwater guru's who works there says its awesome stuff. I mentioned to the person at bill al's that i tried kent marine rxp in the past. They said that they pulled rxp from their shelves because, it was'nt effective. They actually have a hard time stocking this product, for some reason. suppose to treat diseases caused by ich, fungus, protoazoans and dinoflagellates

fkshiu
06-07-2009, 05:10 AM
I got it at big al's one of the saltwater guru's who works there says its awesome stuff. I mentioned to the person at bill al's that i tried kent marine rxp in the past. They said that they pulled rxp from their shelves because, it was'nt effective. They actually have a hard time stocking this product, for some reason. suppose to treat diseases caused by ich, fungus, protoazoans and dinoflagellates

Sounds like it should bring about peace in the Middle East as well if you use enough of it.

Lance
06-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Sounds like it should bring about peace in the Middle East as well if you use enough of it.

HeHeHe :lol:

fishytime
06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
There are salt water gurus at BAs:question::rofl:

No such thing as a reef safe ich cure....the very principal of it is impossible....the reason they are billed as reef safe is you are dosing the meds in such small amounts, to minimize beneficial bacterial die off. Any med that is designed to kill ich will also kill beneficial bacteria.

xtreme
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
There are salt water gurus at BAs:question::rofl:

My thoughts exactly.:lol:

burtonpj48
06-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Im new to the hobby, so im only hearing what they say, one thing im learning in this hobby, many ppl contradict one another, its hard to believe who is saying the truth. Information read and said!

fishytime
06-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Generally speaking the people here dont stand to benefit in any way from the advice they give or the experiences they share. Just by being around the board you will get a feel for which stores the majority of people trust as far as advice goes.

Marlin65
06-08-2009, 05:21 AM
60 days in quarantine treated with copper or hyper salinity. Garlic and cleaner shrimp don't work only kick it back a bit. 60 days no fish in the tank as it needs a host to live. Quarantine everything else for 60 days or else.
That is the only way to an Ick free tank.
My 2 cents

burtonpj48
06-09-2009, 01:05 AM
thanks marlin65, i heard from one of the guys at lfs (golds) its 40 days for the life cycle of ick. As i said before there is alot of different opinions, in this hobby, Some ppl say its 10% water change every 2 weeks. Others opt for 20% every month. I was reading somewhere, on the internet, its not beneficial to do more than 10% a month, they peformed a laboratory test. Im enjoying the hobby very much, it just gets confusing.

Tomjay
06-09-2009, 01:28 AM
thanks marlin65, i heard from one of the guys at lfs (golds) its 40 days for the life cycle of ick. As i said before there is alot of different opinions, in this hobby, Some ppl say its 10% water change every 2 weeks. Others opt for 20% every month. I was reading somewhere, on the internet, its not beneficial to do more than 10% a month, they peformed a laboratory test. Im enjoying the hobby very much, it just gets confusing.

I equate this hobby to cooking there are many recipes that are the same but everyone prepare it differently you follow the basic principal and put your own spin on it.
Yeah it can be confusing at times but you learn so much on the way and you never stop learning also you do what works for you.
Sorry this has nothing to do with ich

naesco
06-09-2009, 04:10 AM
All good advice but remember the old salts who have been around for a long time have /been there, done that/
Caution with those that want to 'push the envelope' but you study up and than make your own opinion.