PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 7096 Multi-Controller

Pazil
06-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Well I thought I would introduce everyone to Tunze's latest multi-controller... The 7096. I just picked this up yesterday from Red Coral here in Calgary (I think they still have a few left) and had a few hours to play with the settings. I must say this thing is awesome.

The controller is fully operated from your computer. It comes with the unit itself, a program disk, 4 controller cables, and a 10' (yes 10') USB cable, a light sensor / moonlight, and some velcro to attach the unit wherever you choose.

I tried out the 7095 multi-controller prior to ordering the 7096 and I must say that the new 7096 is much easier to program and understand. The other thing that I noticed between the two is the moonlight on the new 7096 is about 3 times brighter.

So on to the unit itself...... no more dials to figure out... everything is configured through the program and saved onto the contoller unit itself. Some of the key features that I really like are;

- The ability to controll both of my 6105's and my wavebox
- New feature called "Storm Mode".. AWESOME..Here is what happens in this mode;

„Storm cycle“ - storm for desedimentation
As in nature and similar to the random current, the „Storm cycle“ is used to desediment the reef structures in the aquarium. The storm-like current is not in operation permanently, but only several times a day or a week, which can be programmed correspondingly.
This function can be activated in the „Options“ field.
The frequency of the „Storm cycle“ can be set from one hour to seven days.
The „Storm cycle“ is based on a fixed and precise pump cycle which controls all four pump outputs for five minutes according to the following programme:
Pump 1 -> 20 seconds
Pump 2 -> 20 seconds
Pump 3 -> 20 seconds
Pump 4 -> 20 seconds
Pumps 1 +2 -> 20 seconds
Pumps 3 + 4 -> 20 seconds
Pumps 1 + 3 -> 20 seconds
Pumps 2 + 4 -> 20 seconds
Pumps 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 -> 20 seconds
Pumps 1 + 2 -> 30 seconds
Pumps 3 + 4 -> 30 seconds
Pump 1 -> 10 seconds
Pump 2 -> 10 seconds
Pump 3 -> 10 seconds
Pump 4 -> 10 seconds
Pumps 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 -> 20 seconds
Position the pumps in the aquarium is such a way that the „Storm cycle“ cannot cause any water damage !

- The ability to set the food timer function to whatever period of time you choose
- You can turn on or off the night mode (which is a great feature) and the moonlight
- You can also fully controll the waves or currents in the tank to give you the best flows for your needs.
- The 7096 also comes with an autotune feature for tuning your wavebox to the right frequency. It also alows you to invert the wave so rather than it running from side to side you can run it from front to back if you choose.

Here is a picture of the controller itself;

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq43/ljmuller/7096mitMoonlight.jpg

Here is a screen shot from the opening screen;

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq43/ljmuller/Tunze7096Large.jpg

I think this is by far the best controller I have seen and offers the greatest flexibility for your setup. I currently have mine setup to run the wavebox, and create a reeftop flow accoss the top of my tank with 2 6105's where all of SPS are and a lower current at the bottom where my LPS and softies are.

This unit is also priced MUCH lower at approx. $199.00 cad than the older 7095 at approx. $319.00 cad.

Anyone who is considering a multi-controller for thier Tunze streams and / or waveboxes should not overlook this one.