PDA

View Full Version : tuff aquascape

cuz
06-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I recently upgraded to a 92 corner bow-front and love it. Took me a while to get the flow figured out for a pie shaped tank but now i'm debating my rock-work. Originally i started at the back corner and stacked up and out from there kinda of like a mini-mountain with the front 1ft of the tank having no rocks at all. Now my question i'm debating is should i have stacked in more of a "cave" style and less of a "pile" to alow my flow to clean detitrus and such from between my rock? It looks very good as is but i know there's dead spots in the center and back corner that will likely build up gunk after awhile, and i don't really want to be moving rocks around to get things cleaned out. I tried using a turkey baster to blow the debris out but only got maybe 20% of it out with the other 80 just moving to a new dead spot.
Any tips would be great!!

fishytime
06-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Well what you need is one of them there vortech mp40s....put one o them on and I doubt much will collect behind the rock work....In all seriousness almost all tanks will have a dead spot or two. ps.....how is the stuff doing?

cuz
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
evrythings doing excellent!!! So i might be just over worrying about dead spots is what your saying?? could be but still i like to keep things as clean as possible,,lol. I've heard those vortecs are almost to much current?? So i guess it comes down to would you re-sacpe or leave things be?