PDA

View Full Version : Keeping sand bed clean

burtonpj48
06-06-2009, 02:07 AM
I was wondering, do you need to keep gravel vacuuming your sand bed, if u have a goby that keeps turning the sand.

Carmen
06-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I have an orange spotted sandsifter goby in my 72G and I NEVER need to touch my sand. He did cloud the tank for a month or so until he filtered through the top layer but after that clouding is minimal.:biggrin: I Wouldn't have a sandbed without a sandsifter goby!! LOVE mine!

Pazil
06-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Carmen is right here.... but I hate mine because he is always moving all of my sand to wherever he decides his wants his home to be for this week and then he moves it to somewhere else next week and so on and so on......:lol::lol:

I have an orange spotted sandsifter goby in my 72G and I NEVER need to touch my sand. He did cloud the tank for a month or so until he filtered through the top layer but after that clouding is minimal.:biggrin: I Wouldn't have a sandbed without a sandsifter goby!! LOVE mine!

Tomjay
06-06-2009, 03:55 AM
I have 4 yellow headed sleeper goby and they do a fantastic job of keeping the sand bed clean highly recommend you get one or two.

Snappy
06-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Carmen is right here.... but I hate mine because he is always moving all of my sand to wherever he decides his wants his home to be for this week and then he moves it to somewhere else next week and so on and so on......:lol::lol:
My orange spots do the same thing, drives me crazy. That said, in my opinion they are the best sand sifters because they stay at the bottom. I hate the ones that take big mouthfuls of sand and then swim up and spread it all over the corals. Orange spots all the way.:smile: