PDA

View Full Version : Vertex 180 skimmer noisy

newreefer_59
06-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Have had a new Vertex 180 skimmer for about 3 months now. Not sure if it is just me, but it seems to be running at a noisier level than when I first got it. Otherwise, it had been great. Is there anyone else who has experienced this?

fkshiu
06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
It's the pump. Resun pumps are not known to be completely silent. Try cleaning it, but don't expect any miracles.

albert_dao
06-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Do you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 model? Where did you purchase it from?

Bryan
06-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I share your pain.

It's the impeller and shaft. Pull it apart and you will find a milky white substance in the pump bore, this is ground up shaft. you will also notice the bore in the impeller is now oval, and the impeller shaft has serious wear marks. This wear causes vibration and noise. A known problem, I am still waiting for a replacement impeller.

Keri
06-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I share your pain.

It's the impeller and shaft. Pull it apart and you will find a milky white substance in the pump bore, this is ground up shaft. you will also notice the bore in the impeller is now oval, and the impleller has serious wear marks. This wear causes vibration and noise. A known problem, I am still waiting for a replacement impeller.

We just had the same issue with ours - J&L sent us the replacement bit and it works beautifully again.

albert_dao
06-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I share your pain.

It's the impeller and shaft. Pull it apart and you will find a milky white substance in the pump bore, this is ground up shaft. you will also notice the bore in the impeller is now oval, and the impeller shaft has serious wear marks. This wear causes vibration and noise. A known problem, I am still waiting for a replacement impeller.

Ask your dealer for a new impeller. If they don't have one, call Proline @ 1-877-682-3474.

Bryan
06-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I did , they say it's on order. thanks for the number will give them a call direct.