PDA

View Full Version : Jumping wrasses

Aquattro
07-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Just a warning to people thinking of a fairy or flasher wrasse...they love to jump. I just peeled mine off the center brace for the third (and last) time. I was about 10 minutes too late getting it back in the water. :sad:

sumpfinfishe
07-10-2003, 07:07 AM
That's really shitty to hear Brad :sad:
Sorry for your loss, it was a beautiful fish.
Have you ever thought about using a thin sheet of plexi for a cover.
I use 1/4inch on mine for that same reason, and well you know the scoop-my acro's are growing under NO's :eek:

cheers, Rich

EmilyB
07-10-2003, 07:23 AM
I tried plexi under MH, and it warped rapidly. I tried egg crate, and had to cut it around all the various things going into the tank. For various reasons, every time it was off, a fish went carpet surfing. I like fish that stay in the tank. They are smrt.

Aquattro
07-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Rich, with the money I spend to get light into the tank, blocking it with a cover isn't an option. As it is, I need to clean the center brace every other day. And covers would restrict evaporation which in turn would crank my heat way up!
I knew I would lose this fish one day just like this, but it is a sad night around the house. The kids were especially fond of "Mr. Rainbowhead"

In the future, I need to do more homework on a fish's behaviour before buying!

AJ_77
07-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Bummer, Brad - it's disappointing enough without having to deal with the kids and/or spouse grieving as well! :sad: Those are such attractive fish, but I hope that a few of us think harder about our next additions as well. Thanks for sharing!

It's Great to have a board to post "learning experiences" where a dozen or so well-meanies won't jump down your throat to tell you what a poor choice that was, etc...

:biggrin: