PDA

View Full Version : Darren

Troy F
04-01-2002, 11:56 PM
We had a conversation a while ago about heaters and you explained to me why Ebo Jager heaters were more inclined to fail than Hagen's Tronic. Do I have this right? Could you explain it to me again? I can't remember all of it but it had to do with Hagen's heater being a simpler design.

DJ88
04-02-2002, 12:46 AM
Troy,

Wish I could help you out there.

If it was me who had this discussion I think it's time I talk to my Dr to up my Alzheimers meds. :eek:

I am about 90% positive it wasn't me.

but the theory sounds right to me.

reefburnaby
04-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Hi,

Tronic uses an electronic switch to turn off and on the heater. Ebo uses a electronically controlled mechanical switch (relay). Since there are no moving parts, the tronic is less likely to fail due to this part failing.

Also, Tronic uses a electronic thermostat rather than the conventinal bi-metal sensing (also mechanical vs electronic). No biggy hear...just different technologies.

- Victor.

Troy F
04-02-2002, 02:46 AM
Thanks Victor, it must have been you I was talking to because that is the information I was looking for. Either that or you posted somewhere about it.

Sorry for messing with your head Darren. What kind of heaters are you using now?