PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Gorgonians?

Leah
05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know where I can get some nice gorgonians not just the yellow
and red ones but one like Myka found a while ago from Interior reef :mrgreen:
I think that is where, anyhow!

reefy
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
J&L has some purple brush for sale the other day price from 49 - 69 depends on size

Delphinus
05-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Interior Reef and The Reef Shoppe are both reliable sources for photosynthetic gorgs. I haven't seen the ones at J&L because they only update the new&noteworthy page about 6 times per year (sorry guys at J&L if you're reading this, just sayin' it though, for a junkie like me who presses refresh on that page about 5 times per day that page really doesn't update very often!!), but anyhow, it it IS a purple brush, that is probably Muriceopsis flavida and this is one of the nicer photosynthetic gorgs in my opinion, so you should totally get one of those if you can. :)

Leah
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks Tony! I thought my refresh button was broken, LOL!:biggrin:

Myka
05-26-2009, 04:15 AM
I don't know the ID on the one I had, but it was non-photosynthetic, and did not last long. :( Both the yellow and the red ones that often show up at J&L are also non-photosynthetic. As Tony said, try The Reef Shoppe...I have heard great things about their stock of photosynthetic gorgonians! I will be a regular customer as soon as my tank is goin good!! :D

Drock169
05-26-2009, 05:00 AM
J&L just sold out of the photosynthetic purple gorgs.

Borderjumper
05-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Oceanic has some nice purple ones.

BC Mosaic
05-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Oceanic has some nice purple ones.

+1
Real Gorgeous!!!

whatcaneyedo
05-26-2009, 07:36 PM
A friend and I ordered several photosynthetic gorgonia from thereefshoppe.ca back in January. All are still doing well and growing with very little supplemental feeding (only 2-3 times a week).

I also got one from J&L back in December which has put on about 1" of new growth. However that was the first and only time I've ever seen them on their new and noteworthy page.

Mikee
05-27-2009, 04:02 AM
J&L sales seafans as well and are really nice when they are open :). I bought a 12" one back in december and its doing extremely well. I dont feed anything other than PE mysis and once a week maybe some reef roids and cyclopeeze if i remember. Real easy to keep and look good in seahorse tanks!

Leah
05-27-2009, 02:25 PM
:biggrin:Thanks everyone! Time to go shopping! Which for fish stuff is anytime.:wink: