PDA

View Full Version : Aquasafe Ro/di unit

daddy01
05-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I installed a Aquasafe ro/di unit a year ago. I was wondering which filter usually 'gums up' first. My unit doesn't have the clear plastic containers.
How do you tell which cartridge needs changed?
Jim

christyf5
05-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I change the filters (poly, carbon and whatever comes after the carbon) every 6 months or so. Sometimes more often in the winter as some stuff comes through in the water after a good rain and they can get really gross and brown. I usually changed out the DI then as well for good measure. I have a clear canister for DI now so I change it out closer to a year or when it looks really orange. I changed out my RO filter after about 2 years or so, mostly because they were on sale and I figured why not. It was still reading 0-1 TDS though. My current RO filter is nearing the 2 year mark and I have no plans to change it unless the TDS increases.

hillegom
05-25-2009, 12:16 AM
I agree, the filters before the RO membrane, change them all at the same time. If you have the DI as colour changing, then that is not a problem. A TDS meter would be helpful to ascertain when to change the RO and or DI

Aleks
05-25-2009, 04:45 AM
where do you guys buy your replacement supplies?