PDA

View Full Version : I now have a frag making tang

new but handy
05-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have a regal tang that is turning into a dick. Almost every morning I wake up to see which peice of coral he has decided to frag for me:cry: He likes to carry pieces of coral around the tank, so I epoxied them all down. Now he gets a branch in his mouth and shakes untill it snaps. He then likes to do laps of the tank at mach 12(or so) with his prize in his mouth.
I am fairly sure he is taunting me.

Leah
05-23-2009, 03:48 PM
When oppourtunity strike's - start selling them! Ha-Ha :lol:

Norstar
05-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Maybe a stern talking to will help!:biggrin:

new but handy
05-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I was just going through my "stuff" box to see if I can make a frag rack today:mrgreen: The only problem is most of my corals are frags, so I end up with tiny little things 1/2-3/4" long. I got a peice of birds nest that doubled in size, now I am back to what I started with

Pazil
05-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Thats awesome!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen: never know what personalities our little friends will end up with!

Does anyone have a regal tang that is turning into a dick. Almost every morning I wake up to see which peice of coral he has decided to frag for me:cry: He likes to carry pieces of coral around the tank, so I epoxied them all down. Now he gets a branch in his mouth and shakes untill it snaps. He then likes to do laps of the tank at mach 12(or so) with his prize in his mouth.
I am fairly sure he is taunting me.

sitandwatch
05-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Give him a time out that works for my kids :biggrin:

new but handy
05-23-2009, 07:56 PM
I was thinking tranqulizer darts in a blow gun. That's the only thing that works with my kid:mrgreen:
One dart, right in the neck, out for hours:lol:

mseepman
05-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Remind me to call you when my daughter isn't behaving.

fishytime
05-24-2009, 04:19 AM
At least yours is just making frags....mine is eating lps.....couple hundred worth of acans by now.....the shite.:twised:

msobon
05-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Mine has developed a taste for Clam mantles, and also seems to have decided to carry shells etc around the tank.. I'm not sure waht triggered this behaviour but I'm about to begin trying to spear him as normal attempts to capture him have been failing and I'm going to loose a lot of $$$ on the clams

naesco
05-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Feed them more and more often.
Do you have a clip with nori hanging inside your tanks so they can eat when they want too?

fragNplug
05-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Mine too eats LPS, saw him on a big piece of xenia last nite.
He also picks up snail shells and drops them where ever he wants.
Picks em up and swims backward till they fall.

new but handy
05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Feed them more and more often.
Do you have a clip with nori hanging inside your tanks so they can eat when they want too?

Ya I keep a rock with nori on it with an elastic band.
sounds like a lot of regals do the pick stuff up and swim around thing. Mine will do laps with anything that is not fixed down. He hasn't touched my clams yet. If he starts it might be grounds for dismissal.

naesco
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Ya I keep a rock with nori on it with an elastic band.
sounds like a lot of regals do the pick stuff up and swim around thing. Mine will do laps with anything that is not fixed down. He hasn't touched my clams yet. If he starts it might be grounds for dismissal.

If your tang is a regal it is a meat eater. All other tangs are algae eaters.

If you do not feed a regal often enough and, enough meaty foods, mysis, brine scrimp etcetera, they will go after zenia and other stuff they taste and find appealing.
What are you feeding your regal?

new but handy
05-24-2009, 08:41 PM
He eats mysis like a mad man. I make a concoction of mysis,squid,brine shrimp,garlic and selcon all my fish love it. I freeze it in ice cube trays and feed it in a floating ring above a power head in the morning. They also get a feeding of flake and pellets at night. I put nori on the rock every day. I'm fairly sure the fish just doesn't like me. Everytime I go near the tank he hides out, but when my girlfriend goes near it he comes out and does his courtship swim:razz: like I said I'm fairly sure he is just a yappy dick.

naesco
05-25-2009, 03:46 AM
He eats mysis like a mad man. I make a concoction of mysis,squid,brine shrimp,garlic and selcon all my fish love it. I freeze it in ice cube trays and feed it in a floating ring above a power head in the morning. They also get a feeding of flake and pellets at night. I put nori on the rock every day. I'm fairly sure the fish just doesn't like me. Everytime I go near the tank he hides out, but when my girlfriend goes near it he comes out and does his courtship swim:razz: like I said I'm fairly sure he is just a yappy dick.

Well now you have the answer to the question as to why he is acting strange.
He's horny!