PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ring Found new REEF home. (Vancouver)Sold

Relic
05-22-2009, 08:56 PM
:wink::wink:

Sold!

Blue Ring $30, had him since he was 1.25" now hes about the same as the Convict. When he was 3" he had a fluke infection on one eye that went untreated and some damage resulted to that eye but he can see light through it. He does react somewhat to movement on the glass with what he sees with that bad eye. He is of course healed just not perfect (smaller pupil). Blue ring is now 4"
And yes, I feel bad about Blue Ring so to all those people out there, If your fish has a cloudy eye, It may not be primarily bacterial infection, it may be flukes!!!! USE PRAZIPRO and whatch the flukes peel of your fishes eyes!!! It's amazing what a prazipro bath can do. Oh and of course follow up with antibiotics if needed after.

Borderjumper
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a convict and I just love him.. they are a really cool tang!

Relic
05-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Mine is plump and reminds us of a dolphin. I don't know why but my tangs seem to like the bulbous red branch calerpa more than green withered collerpa!?!

Chaloupa
05-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I agree with Shelley...these are FANTASTIC tangs! And they work hard while in your tank!

Borderjumper
05-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Mine has been known to eat bubble algae :mrgreen:

Relic
05-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Ya, and they say that convicts are hard to keep alive. LOL If you have a reef tank and a strong light with lots of hiding places and greens/red calerpa then your chances are great.

Borderjumper
05-23-2009, 12:19 AM
hard to keep alive?? LOL mine eats EVERYTHING I toss in.. AND hes the first one to get it too! Hes 2" long and 1" wide! If I could catch my yellow out of my display I would replace him with your convict in a heartbeat!

Relic
05-23-2009, 12:28 AM
I have a plexi partition in the middle of my 75 gallon. It has 1/4 inch perf holes. I have a tunze wave maker. I have all my corals on one side with my convict on the other. Although less tank space, he doesnt care, he runs around all over and swishes at the surface when getting food. He's a pig. his body is buldging at and around the lateral line!!!

He's a happy fish! Oh and easy to catch no that I have him, my blue ring and my pesky lemon peal cordoned off. Although not attractive, having a plexi barrier is helpfull when going through a transition.

smokinreefer
05-23-2009, 12:45 AM
hows the blue ring with corals? sps? zoas?

Relic
05-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Hes good. I dont see him bother corals unless their damaged and he can smell food. When he was young he fed on aptasia. I had an imperater angel that I used to let eat my polps. When my polyps got run down from having thier tenticles eaten I'd remove it so it could regenerate then place it back for the Imperator to snack on. I had to get rid of the emperator because he was bullying my blue ring. Right now my plan is to have my polyps and other corals make a decent comback before I let my Lemon peel back in with them. I dont understand psp and that lingo sorry. But my blue ring is very well behaved. My lemon peel at some point had allot of parasites in the past. He was so mad at my large cleaners for not cleaning him he bit their eyes off and murdered em'! I lost like 6 cleaner shrimp before I knew what was actually happening. So make sure you take care of your fish or they will protest. They are smart!

smokinreefer
05-23-2009, 06:15 AM
got a pic of the blue ring? and how big is he now?

Relic
05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
both fish are 4"or4"+ in length.