PDA

View Full Version : Can you drill Biocubes?

fishytime
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
as the title says....are the backs of biocubes drill-able?

Snaz
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes.
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180813&mode=linearplus

as the title says....are the backs of biocubes drill-able?

fishytime
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks Snaz:biggrin:

Snaz
05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm intrigued.. are you planning to add a BC to your main system?

fishytime
05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I was tossing the idea around:biggrin:...My g/f has always wanted seahorses and the flow in the big tank would pin them to side:lol:

Pazil
05-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I was tossing the idea around:biggrin:...My g/f has always wanted seahorses and the flow in the big tank would pin them to side:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

365seasons
05-20-2009, 10:07 PM
:biggrin: That would be awesome....more seahorse hobbyist :BIG:
we built an add on to our main tank for the same purpose :bananalama:

Is RedCoral getting more seahorses?!

Carmen
05-20-2009, 10:10 PM
DO IT!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen::lol: Then I can see how it's done and attempt it on my own system!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::wink:

sharuq1
05-21-2009, 12:34 AM
DO IT!!!!!!!!! Then I can see how it's done and attempt it on my own system! I'll second that!! :biggrin:

fishytime
05-21-2009, 03:39 AM

No new horsies that I know of...

DO IT!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen::lol: Then I can see how it's done and attempt it on my own system!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::wink:

I'll second that!! :biggrin:

Well you ladies will have to convince my g/f that this is a good idea:wink:
Hey....why am I the guinea pig:question:
It wouldnt be that hard really....I would just upgrade my return pump and "t" it off to the biocube for return....and since I can drill the back of the biocube, I would punch one hole low and one hole middle-ish to do a herbie style drain. I imagine that I will have to cut all the baffles/chambers out of the back....not sure yet....ok, it would be a bit of a project....but not that hard:mrgreen:

Myka
05-21-2009, 04:59 AM
When you got it figured, make me one too so I can have horsies too!! :p

fishytime
05-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Perhaps there is a market for these drilled out AIOs:noidea:

banditpowdercoat
05-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I was planning the same kind of thing. Although, not with a BC. A smaller tank, plumbed to the sump of my 150g. Acctually, never thought of a BC, but now that seems like a better idea for sure. *Scours the classifieds for used BC's*

fishytime
05-23-2009, 02:28 PM
After considering going custom I figured that a BC would meet the requirements of seahorses with the added bonus of looking good. Only thing I would be worried about is, is a BC14 gonna be enough room for a pair of horsies?

Zoaelite
05-23-2009, 02:35 PM
After considering going custom I figured that a BC would meet the requirements of seahorses with the added bonus of looking good. Only thing I would be worried about is, is a BC14 gonna be enough room for a pair of horsies?

I'm sure the 28g would be a nicer size, if its connected to the main tank water quality shouldn't be an issue just pods and swimming room you should have to worry about. GO FOR IT, I love my sea horses!!! Thanks for setting me up with them Carmen and Doug!
Levi

JDigital
05-24-2009, 03:29 AM
If you are plumbing the tank to your main system, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a custom cube built to fit the space where your putting it? Even with a small T5 light setup.. 2x24W or something.

A rimless cube would look just as good, if not better than a BC IMO..

Snaz
10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm curious did this project ever happen?

Van-rookie
10-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Just got a 60 G tall tank, that I am thinking of adding onto my main tank/share the sump. Do you have any journal or pics to give me an idea how to do it ?

fishytime
10-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Well.....sort of.....decided a BC14 would be to small for ponnies and the 28 was to big for the space I have. So I went this direction http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56843 ..