PDA

View Full Version : Will a tomato clown get along with a maroon one?

nicuz
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Long story short, I bought a 2 inch maroon clown without doing my homework. I went to my LFS to get another one and they recommended not to get another one because maroon clowns are very aggressive, especially in a tank my size 20G. I did not listen to them, bought the fish and end up taking it back because they keep fighting and I was scared eventually one of them will die.

My only option was to get 2 paired ones, but they cost $60 each so forget about it.

My second favorite fish is the tomato clown. Will my maroon clown get along with a tomato if I buy one?

Thanks for the advice

Aquattro
05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
No, they won't. The maroon is likely going to get too big for a 20. They're big clowns. Tomatoes are also aggressive (most clowns are).
Maybe get rid of the maroon, keep tomatoes instead. Yes, either a mated pair, or buy them really tiny so they grow into a pair.

my2rotties
05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
No they will not... I had to remove my tomato from my tank because the maroon would actually hunt him down to beat him. I have a seven foot wide tank and the tomato lived on the far side from the maroon, in his own nem. Maroons get grump at people when they dare to stick their hands into the tank as well. As pretty as they are, they sure are not friendly.