PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Enthusiasts

MadCow
05-16-2009, 02:15 AM
What happened to Aquarium Enthusiasts? Drove by it 2 days now, and everything is black.:question:

-mc

mark
05-16-2009, 02:23 AM
there were some post here that it was going up for sale.

subman
05-16-2009, 02:45 AM
It is to bad I hope Shannon ends up at another LFS she was the only reason for stopping in. The tanks have been empty for months.

MadCow
05-16-2009, 03:12 AM
From my previous dealings with Shannon from a month back, she's got something else lined up, was just waiting for everything to be completed.
She sounded very enthusiastic about it, maybe this is the start of it.

-mc

FoundNemo
05-16-2009, 03:20 AM
From the level of stock that was brought in the store in the last few months, we can see the "For Sale" or "Closed" sign happing soon.

I talked to Shannon today, and she will be a GM at another store late this month early June, With much more respecting employers.

All the best to Shannon, and the her new venture, and hopefully someone can pull AE out of the ashes.

Medicdude
05-16-2009, 04:06 PM
They had a post on here the other day (right after Shannon quit) stating that the store was for sale. It must have been removed as they are not sponsors. Kinda have to wonder how someone can run a store into the ground over 8 or 9 months, have no inventory (dry goods or livestock) and then expect someone to want to buy it? Unless they are going to give it away it will probably sit for some time!!!

MadCow
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Funny thing is, I don't think many of the Aquatic community would really notice the difference.

That's unfortunate, as Chris ran the store well before he sold it.

Flash
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
so do they have anything lef to clear out?? lol

Medicdude
05-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Very disheartening. The new owners came in with quite a vision, it`s to bad it was through a smoke filled room.....

sea_angel
05-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I talked to the owner recently and it sounds like they are focusing the business on doing a lot of aquarium maintenance. I know they have a large list of clients. I know she had twins not that long ago to so it sounds like she is really busy trying to run both. I hope they keep the store open though.

FoundNemo
05-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Funny thing, I actually saw Lisa buying from BigAl's for supplies.

No Stock = Bad business

subman
05-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Is it open or still closed?

MadCow
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Just drove by it today, all locked up. There was a sign on the door "Closed because we are on our honeymoon", she was on her honeymoon last month.

Hope the fish aren't suffereing, or what ever that was left when Shannon quit.

I pride myself knowing the owners/staff of most of the LFS in the city, neve saw Lisa around "Working" the store herself.