PDA

View Full Version : canreef staff - why delete a thread when you can edit

wickedfrags
05-13-2009, 09:27 PM
As noted above - the thread was reasonable discussion (generally). Why not edit the parts felt to be inappropriate? Just curious.

Rbacchiega
05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Justin (GSP) just asked the same thing .... *shrugs*

Phanman
05-13-2009, 09:33 PM
was wondering where that thread went...

Leah
05-13-2009, 09:37 PM
I will NEVER garden again I missed the last hour or so......DARN IT !

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-13-2009, 09:40 PM
I will NEVER garden again I missed the last hour or so......DARN IT !

And I will NEVER go to J&L again, I missed the last few hours too!

(but really I will still keep going to J&L)

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Justin (GSP) just asked the same thing .... *shrugs*

And you...your in Vegas and didn't miss anything! Jeez....

Leah
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Bet I can guess exactly what happened.

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Bet I can guess exactly what happened.

I think I can kind of piece it together...maybe. But I hadn't seen the thread in a week or two, so maybe not.

I think I might know what vendor had comments directed to them and that's too bad because if it is the one I am thinking of, they have assured me everything is legal and have been great to deal with. From my research since that thread started, I have found it is possible to LEGALLY import these corals...very tough (time consuming) but totally possible.

Just wasn't the point of that thread to 'call' out vendors. It was a general question and actually the conversation was quite civil considering the two sides. Why delete the whole thing?

Talk about censorship! I wouldn't be surprised in the US but on a Canadian board I really am.

Leah
05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Perhaps it did point at someone but isn't it about being informed as well

24storm
05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
It was a very good discussion that stayed civil or so i thought. I was following the entire thread and only missed the last post...

Rbacchiega
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
And you...your in Vegas and didn't miss anything! Jeez....

I'm telling you...crack berry...between this site and facebook...

Leah
05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
You have got to be kidding, you are in Vegas and are on a lap top. Go see Mandalay Bay
pricey but cool, oh and drink up this could get FUN!

Ron99
05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Yup, same thing seems to have happened to my Big Al's discussion. That was spirited but I don't think it was getting out of hand or anything. What do the mods consider acceptable or not acceptable topics for discussion?

Rbacchiega
05-13-2009, 09:56 PM
You have got to be kidding, you are in Vegas and are on a lap top. Go see Mandalay Bay
pricey but cool, oh and drink up this could get FUN!

I stay in the Palazzo in one of the executive suites....so I eat and drink here for free LOL...it's still early in the day. I'm a night owl. I'll probably go to eat around 7ish, head to the tables and get back to the room around 4 am ish....

http://www.palazzolasvegas.com/pal_fortuna_suite.aspx

Jason McK
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
To all, the thread was not deleted just moved for review. It will remain off line until reviewed by Titus and other Mods.

Doug
05-13-2009, 11:51 PM
You guys also need to understand you only see part of the story. We always get a deluge of pm,s etc. from just as many members who want the threads gone for whatever reasons as the ones that ask out here.

This is meant as a general reference, not just pertaining to this particular thread.
Thanks

titus
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Hello,

This thread has gone too long. I'm more interested in seeing discussions of how to better keep inhabitants rather than reading discussions about legality of doing businesses.

Titus