PDA

View Full Version : LF - Small/Medium Regal Tang - Edmonton

Fox
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone has one they would be willing to part with.

My tank is currently a 33 gal but I am upgrading to 75 gal by Christmas but this is why I would like a smaller one.

I saw a small one at Aqaurium Illusions a few weeks ago that the tank had marked at $19.99 but when I went to buy it they back petalled and said someone must have used a razor blade to turn a 5 into a 1...How the heck do you turn a 5 into a 1...I was P/O'd!!!

Thanks in advance!

stricknine
05-13-2009, 11:37 PM
In all fairness, I bought mine there a little while ago for $70 ish.

xtreme
05-13-2009, 11:51 PM
I usually see them around $40 for little ones in Calgary. I've had one for about a year in my 125 and already would like to get him into a bigger home. Just be aware that even a 75 isn't big enough for one long term.

Fox
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
In all fairness, I bought mine there a little while ago for $70 ish.

Ya I was more annoyed that they didn't at least offer me a compromise at least...but they didn't even take responsibility for the mistake.

stricknine
05-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Gotta be reasonable though, a regal tang for 20 bucks???, not in this country, and you cant hold the LFS to the felt on the tank, otherwise the SPS at the front would be $ 10 frags, bobs your uncle, I get a ton of frags!

No need to discredit the only reputable LFS in town.

...and if this is in the 33, you have no business buying any kind of tang anyways! Consider it karma that day.

Fox
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I feel like I should be apologizing for where this thread has gone...It was not my intent to discredit anyone (LFS or otherwise), only to say my experience on that particular day. In all honesty it was a bad day for me in general which was why I was there in the first place...it was suppose to cheer me up. So my opinion was bias.

I really enjoy going to Aquarium Illusions and I encourage others to check it out.

When I researched the Regal Tang I found many sites that said the "minimum" size of the tank should be 75 gal. So when I had a friend offer me his 75 gal tank and custom stand for free (he now has a beautiful 200 gal), I figured this would be my chance...The fish I was looking at was no more than an inch big and should have done fine until I could get a proper filter for the 75 and if a further upgrade is necessary in order to keep my fish happy, then I have no issues doing that.

Its not my intent to buy small fish and force them to live in a tiny environment. I enjoy this hobby and I would like to think the fish I have are very happy in the tanks I have them in. I like to think that I keep good tanks and while I am a novice in saltwater, everyone has to start somewhere.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I was sorry if I offended anyone.

subman
05-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Gotta be reasonable though, a regal tang for 20 bucks???, not in this country, and you cant hold the LFS to the felt on the tank,

Actually that is not true in this country the price displayed is the price a retailer has to sell the product for thats is the Law. It is up to the store to be diligent in its pricing and the checking of tags or displays to ensure the proper price. Yes $20 for a tang is crazy cheap but the store has to be responsible for its displayed price.

landshark
05-15-2009, 02:16 AM
I have to agree with subman on this issue. Furthermore, I'm not sure why many members seem to think it necessary to aggessively and intentionally belittle other members. For one thing, said LFS is not the only reputable one in the city. Secondly,members that post a thread about Tangs shouldn't have to needlessly suffer the abuse of the BIG TANK BOOSTER CLUB. Most people do not start in tis hobby with a 100 or 200 gallon tank. Therefore I can't help but wonder how many of these same people kept Tangs against their will in a smaller tank. Maybe kept Incompatable corals together and they suffered damage or died. Neglected the tank because of an unwokable work schedule. My point is HOPEFULLY no one purposely neglects their livestock. Maybe ....... should give it a rest and give us all a break. Maybe more would share their experiences. The LFS I frequent would honor the price or work out a compromise. Welcome to the hobby Fox.

stricknine
05-15-2009, 10:56 PM
WOW, I wonder if I ruffled a few feathers?

My apologies to FOX and others offended by my post, was not the intention at all. Guess I need to work on my nettiquite and post a few more happy faces. :lol:

subman
05-16-2009, 02:55 AM
No worries, no offense taken! We are all friends here:mrgreen: (unless you tell me I can't get a new tang! JK:wink:)

Hey fox I saw some smallish Regals at Marine Aquaria but I forgot how much they were sorry. Give Josh a PM to find out. I also saw some of the 1-2" ones at Aquarium Enthusiast but who knows when (if ever) they are going to open again!