PDA

View Full Version : question about some sand....

Rbacchiega
05-12-2009, 05:45 PM
so I've got, oh I don't know, 30lbs of aragonite sand that was in the 90 gallon (not sure where the other 70lbs are...imagine somewhere in the back) kicking around and to be totally honest, I was using some of it to ash in.

If I were to uber rinse it...and I mean uber....I should be able to scrounge together the 6 or so lbs needed to get a 1" sandbed in the nano....

right?

Zoaelite
05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I think the amount of rinsing really depends what you ashed into it, if its cigarettes then Id spend a little more time to get any possible toxins out of it. If its something more... holistic then you might want to go pick up some chips, dip and pop for your fish:lol:.
Levi

Rbacchiega
05-12-2009, 06:42 PM
alas, only cigarettes....maybe I'll just buy a 10lb bag of new stuff....it does make a damn fine ash tray LOL

Zoaelite
05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Ahah ya my friends are pretty bad for that, anything that has an open top seems to be ashed in. I can count about 4 times now that I have had a nice swig of beer with a delicious little ash chunky floating in it. IMO not worth the risk, would hate to see a whole ecosystem crash over a $30.00 bag of sand.
Levi

Rbacchiega
05-12-2009, 07:01 PM
mmmmm ashy beer. *shudders*

on a completely different note, shoot me a PM with zoa frags available if you can...

BlueAbyss
05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't chance it. I use my cig butts to make nicotine spray for insects on my plants. It's a very VERY efficient toxin to inverts.

Rbacchiega
05-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't chance it. I use my cig butts to make nicotine spray for insects on my plants. It's a very VERY efficient toxin to inverts.

interesting...doesn't effect the plants at all? what type of plants are you spraying???