PDA

View Full Version : LF: Someone to pack up my livestock (Kelowna)

Myka
05-11-2009, 04:24 AM
As many of you know I'm now living in Saskatoon, and my 33g reef is still in BC. I'm setting up a 90 here in Saskatoon for the transfer of my livestock.

I have a friend coming to visit me the first week of June, and she can bring all my livestock, but she has no idea how to pack it all up. So, I'm looking for someone who is willing to go over there, pack everything up, and put it into styrofoam containers for the trip out here. I would prefer someone who has at the very least received shipments via Greyhound or plane from a reef store or something like that so that you know what it looks like. I have a shipping how-to in my signature too.

I will give a full list of all the livestock in the tank, so you don't have to worry about missing anything. I will have all the styro boxes and peanuts, fish bags and elastic bands there (no need for heat packs), so you don't have to run around town looking for boxes and such. Basically, you just have to show up, bag the 3 fish, a few inverts, about 15 corals, and box about 40 lbs of live rock, and 20 lbs sand. Then drain the water, and remove all the hardware into a box so the tank is ready for storage. There will probably be 3 styrofoam boxes (one for rock, two for corals/fish), and about 20 bags of fish/corals.

This will probably take you about 3 hours. This will need to happen on the evening of May 31st.

Click in my signature to look at the tank if you want to know what you're getting into.

I will pay you well.

Please let me know if you are interested, even if you can't commit right away. :)

brizzo
05-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah mean come frag all your corals for you? :mrgreen:

I'd probably be good for it depending on the time and date

Myka
05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Hahahaha!! You probably would frag em all! :lol:

Myka
05-19-2009, 01:48 AM
I have a few offers, but nothing confirmed yet. Date is definitely going to be the evening of May 31st...which happens to be my birthday. :lol: Weird timing.

mseepman
05-19-2009, 04:36 AM
Hey you...I would love to help (not sure I feel confident doing all by my lonesome) but it's looking like I will be out of town that week...

If I don't end up leaving, I'll check in to see if someone has stepped forword.

Myka
05-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Ok thanks Mark! Good to see ya on here, you don't stop by often enough! :p

mseepman
05-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Haha...glad you missed me. I've just been working my tail off lately.

Myka
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Working too much sucks!

mseepman
05-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm sure you've heard, the car industry is sick and I spend a lot of time with dealers trying to make it better. It keeps my life interesting.

Myka
05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
When it becomes so sick they are giving cars away let me know, mine is getting tired. ;)