PDA

View Full Version : cb shrimp and brittle star for trade

newgeek
07-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone,
I have a coral banded shrimp and a green brittle star if anyone is looking for either and I am willing to trade for frag(s) present or future.
Have a great weekend,
Kelly

impreza
07-05-2003, 06:41 AM
do cb's take care of my aiptasia problem??
i have nothing to sell..but willing to buy

AJ_77
07-05-2003, 05:37 PM
do cb's take care of my aiptasia problem??
i have nothing to sell..but willing to buy

Nope, the CB won't touch 'em.

There's only one shrimp I know of that will take care of your aptasia problem - Peppermint. If you search and read some of the related threads on this board, you'll find a ton of info on using them.

There are many other methods people have used with varying degrees of success, such as injecting them with boiling water or kalk paste. I took a few rocks out and used boiling water on each of the ap's and it seemed to work pretty well.

newgeek
07-08-2003, 04:38 AM
Bump .... the cb has a smashing personality, doesn't drink or smoke and seems to be the strong silent type as for the brittle star he is all hands but has full time employment and smiles alot. I am looking for a good home for these creatures and if you would like to offer something in trade that would be great or just the offer of a good home is fine with me.
Have a groovy night
Kelly

Canadian Man
07-08-2003, 05:39 AM
Hey Kelly.
I would be into the green brittle star. Is it safe for corals?
I'm sure it is as there is basically no brittle star I know with a bad rap.
How come your getting rid of them?

EmilyB
07-09-2003, 03:37 AM
If it's the green brittle star reputed for killing fish, you may not want it Jon except in your sump Jon....

Canadian Man
07-09-2003, 04:44 AM
If it's the green brittle star reputed for killing fish, you may not want it Jon except in your sump Jon....

Hmmm :confused: Thank's Deb. I thought something may be up.

newgeek
07-09-2003, 01:19 PM
The brittle star perches itself up between the rocks and supposedly drops on any small fish that swim under it, I have not seen this myself but it does hassle my hermits so it has been banished to my sump and it can move rather fast. It seems to be a good bottom cleaner as long as there is nothing small it can get it's grimy hands on.
Have a nice day everyone,
Kelly

Bob I
07-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I just got my 10 running again in the anticipation of getting that Mantis that someone was offering. Although I PM'd immediately that fell through (not surprised), so the CBS could live in there if you want to get rid of it. Unfortunately I am going on vacation in August, so I would not be able to feed it. I am loading up the tank with Bristleworms, so he could snack on those.
:BIG:

Quinn
07-09-2003, 10:49 PM
I suppose putting either of the two into a fuge is a bad idea...