PDA

View Full Version : tank drilling?

kris
07-04-2003, 06:58 PM
where is a good place to get a tank drilled?

ldzielak
07-05-2003, 01:54 AM
Kris,

I got mine done in New West just before I moved, at the north end of Edmonds, where it turns 90 and is the 6th. They were 20$ per hole if I remember and I just took my bulk heads in with me so they could get the correct size holes. I marked the hole with a felt pen just to make sure there was no confusion.

Maybe too far for you, but always an option.

Lee

robbyville
07-05-2003, 02:05 AM
I heard someone mention that King Ed's also drills tanks. Not sure on price though.

I'm sure that you've already checked into this but jsut in case...Do you know if you have tempered glass in the areas you want to drill?

Good luck!

Rob

kris
07-05-2003, 04:50 AM
i was thinking some where in the langely area. i do not have the time to drive out there and back this weekend.

no the bottom is not temperd glass. well that is what the guy told me at king eds :lol:

Hey rob, how is yur tank doing?

Veng68
07-05-2003, 08:05 AM
I would call around to your local glass shops. Some will but some won't touch it. That may be your best bet.

Cheers,
Victor

robbyville
07-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Tank is doing pretty well, although the new canopy is taking longer than I expected, such is the case when using someone else's shop I guess. Regardless, it's going to be beautiful when done!

I'm having some minor nitrate problems, just can't seem to get below 25 not sure why.

Best,

Rob