PDA

View Full Version : kz potassium test kit

dawen
05-09-2009, 07:16 PM
any one with advice how to take the reading on this test kit? its so hard to get it..lol

lobsterboy
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
any one with advice how to take the reading on this test kit? its so hard to get it..lol

welcome to my world, lol.

best bet is to go to zeovit

and check out there. they have photos of different people asking the same question, and you can kinda gauge yours with one of the photos there.

thats what i have done when i first got the kit

christyf5
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
OK so put the cup on top of the color bar. Then squint your eyes, look to the left and stand on one foot.

Seriously though, this test is a bee-hatch to read. Drives me nuts every time.

I find it "easiest" to read if I start at the darkest part of the color bar and work my way to the lighter end. Most of the time I find my eyes trick me and I can see the color through it no matter what.

I have heard reports that the FM test kit is easier but I haven't tried it.

don.ald
05-10-2009, 04:10 AM
i haven't bought this test kit yet! because of the stories of how hard it is to read. how important is it anyway? i wish the LFS would do the testing , for a fee of course.

dawen
05-11-2009, 06:38 AM
OK so put the cup on top of the color bar. Then squint your eyes, look to the left and stand on one foot.

Seriously though, this test is a bee-hatch to read. Drives me nuts every time.

I find it "easiest" to read if I start at the darkest part of the color bar and work my way to the lighter end. Most of the time I find my eyes trick me and I can see the color through it no matter what.

I have heard reports that the FM test kit is easier but I haven't tried it.

lol, yes seems like i could see all the color on the chart, really pain in the a$$ to read

Johnny Reefer
05-11-2009, 07:07 AM
I haven't used mine in awhile, so specifics escape me, but...don't get caught up in the instructions. They are convuluted (sp?) and say far more than they need to.

fencer
05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah..I love to guess what level of K I have in my tanks when use the KZ kit...one glass of wine usually brings it up a few points though ;)