PDA

View Full Version : What paint for INSIDE overflow?

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
OK, I normally wouldnt paint on a wetted surface of the tank. Allways paint on the outside. BUT, in the 150, were doing a V style coast to coast overflow. If I just paint the outside of the tank, you will see the V inside. I am wanting to paint the inside of the V as well, so that it blends in with the back. Is there any Reef Safe paint, or a sealer to seal the paint?

AndyL
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
2 choices...

Pool stores & certain plumbing supply shops sell an epoxy enamel that is "drinking water" safe - runs 200+/gallon

Krylon fusion - (verify yourself with google) is a known to be reef safe product as well. Just let it properly cure before emersing. But the manufacturer will not advise you to use it for this purpose.

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I was reading up on the Krylon Fusion. Read it takes over a week to cure before water immersed. Which is fine by me, not planning water for at least a month

lastlight
05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I've heard krylon will peel. I chose to use the same paint as the back of my tank and silicone a piece of glass over it so it remains dry.

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 10:47 PM
If I didn't paint it, only the back. How do you think this style overflow would look? Black back, Black Silicone as well.
Not my tank, just will be same overflow
http://ovas.ca/gallery/531_13_02_09_8_26_38.jpg