PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Amp Master seal, where to find?

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 02:37 AM
I need a replacement seal for a Dolphin Amp master 3000. Dolphin pumps have me a link to a US disributor, $28 for seal, $60 for shipping.......

Any help, Thx

mark
05-08-2009, 03:07 AM
wow, $60 for a small bubble envelop

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Ya, in US funds too.

Tomjay
05-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Try customaquatic.com they are in the US

wickedfrags
05-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Does J&L no longer carry them? I know they use to.

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I emailed JL about 4 days ago. No response at all.. Kinda disappointing really. I would rather get from them. I have some other things I need and am holding off a little while.

BMW Rider
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
J&L quit selling this brand a year or so back. When they were clearing out the stock, I picked up the marine abraisive proof seal for mine. I had replaced the standard heavy duty seal once with the same and it was weeping again so I bought another new seal to put in then never got round to it. Then after getting the abrasive proof seal instead, I put the standard one away as a spare.

If you come up short on getting one, I'd let you have this one to get you going again. I think I could ship it to you for under $60 (probably $58 tops :lol:). Just the same, I'd suggest going for the abrasive proof seal now and save yourself the hassle of doing this routine all over again in a year or so. Mine has not had any more seepage since upgrading. its a lot more expensive, but worth it.

banditpowdercoat
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
J&L quit selling this brand a year or so back. When they were clearing out the stock, I picked up the marine abraisive proof seal for mine. I had replaced the standard heavy duty seal once with the same and it was weeping again so I bought another new seal to put in then never got round to it. Then after getting the abrasive proof seal instead, I put the standard one away as a spare.

If you come up short on getting one, I'd let you have this one to get you going again. I think I could ship it to you for under $60 (probably $58 tops :lol:). Just the same, I'd suggest going for the abrasive proof seal now and save yourself the hassle of doing this routine all over again in a year or so. Mine has not had any more seepage since upgrading. its a lot more expensive, but worth it.
Thx, I seen the abrasive prood seal on the link posted above. customaquatic.com Was $90something US OUCH. But, it cured the leaking?? I got all this equiptment Used. Just reciently I found out they are nicknames Leakmasters LOL. I can't afford a leak. So I guess it's the Abrasive proof one for me. Just emailed customaquatic.com and asked them about shipping.
Thx for the info

PS, I found one at Aquarium Lighting Supply for 119 shipped. Pricey, but if it's the last seal I have to buy.

Denis
05-08-2009, 10:36 PM
That sounds about right, I paid $140 for that in J&L about 4 years ago. Still have it on my shelf, the only reason I'm not selling the pump.