PDA

View Full Version : Agrocrete experiences

jgoldsney
07-03-2003, 05:33 PM
I have seen a number of postings here from people who have made agrocrete rocks for their aquariums....

Does anyone have any comments on how their tank has faired with the agrocrete rocks (any phosphate issues from the oyster shells?)

Has anyone had any luck with getting coraline algae to grow on the agrocrete (this was my major problem when I tried this a few years ago)

Any comments in general on agrocrete rocks would be great.

thanks in advance

Joel

tkhawaja
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
I did some Aragocrete rock for my new setup. It's been curing for about two weeks now, have not noticed anything unusual in any of my water parameters. No corraline growth but no hair or brown algae either. I will definately post an update in a few months about how they worked out in my tank.

barry c
07-03-2003, 08:45 PM
i have Aragocrete in my tank, made with crushed coral instead of oyster shells. i've had great coraline growth, but i find that it is not very strong and has a tendence to crumble and break apart if handled roughly. other than a long curing time, it works and looks like LR.

Barry

tkhawaja
07-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Ditto the crumbling part. I found that I had to be very careful about the water mixture. The pieces where I used a bit less water are stronger. Make sure you cure the rocks for a very long time with regular water changes. It doesn't have to be salt water but use a water conditioner if you use tap water for curing.