PDA

View Full Version : Any reefers in the Windsor area?

jennie
03-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Is there anyone out there from the Windsor area who can tell me where they get their livestock and supplies from.

The LFS's in this area are all very pricy, and after looking at the J&L Aquatics website, I can't believe how cheap on-line stuff is. Unfortunately, since they are in BC, orders would have to be airfreighted, and I'm hoping there is another store closer to Windsor whereby stuff can be transported by land to reduce delivery complications.

Any suggestions?

DJ88
03-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the board Jennie,

I live out here on the left coast so can't help you in Windsor but you may want to call J&L. I can't say for sure but they do give good rates on shipping. Real good if I remember right. And you won't beat the prices anywhere. smile.gif

Welcome again.

Seaquest
03-20-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi Jenny

Your best bet is Aquarium Services and Incredable pets in London Ontario. Hay! I used to service the 1600 gallon acrylic tank at st Annes high school in tecumse.

Cheers

Richard

Toronto

Littlefish
03-21-2002, 01:04 AM
Hi Jennie,

I live in London, the LFS are not bad but you have to know well in advance what you want or they may try and take you for a ride, the manager at the big als store is a little shifty if ya ask me, but the guys back in the fish room (guy with the brit accent is the guy to talk to) he will not rip ya, he knows his stuff and he will through in the extras ;)

Incredable pets not bad but can be pricy but the live stock is in great shape.

AJ, at aquarium pros sells stuff over the net and he is outside of TO, I haven't ordered anything from him yet b/c of winter and shipping but he seems to have a far amount of stuff coming in so I may give it a go when the weather warms up.

Agreed about J&L Aquatics they are one of the best on the net in Canada with a well put together web site, just wish the ding on shipping wasn't so much.

HTH
Littlefish
PS: There are 4 reefers in London that I know of and abunch in TO and some north of us with some interesting projects under way.

fredfish
03-24-2002, 09:38 PM
There are plenty of reefers just across the river from you in Detroit.

Check out mustang on reefcentral.com

Fred.

fishnut
03-26-2002, 01:23 AM
Incredible Aquarium in London has the best livestock I've foumd anywhere - no little vats filled with copper solution here, and Bill will hold or quarantine a fish for as long as you want.

For dry goods, I have found MOPS in Ancaster to have good prices and exceptional service.

Delphinus
03-26-2002, 01:20 PM
There are plenty of reefers just across the river from you in Detroit.

That is so weird, when you're in Detroit and you look SOUTH, you're looking at Windsor, Canada. "Wha-wha-what?"

Not quite Detroit proper, but a 'burb I guess, is Romulus, Michigan, home of Tropicorium (http://www.tropicorium.com). If I lived in Windsor I know where I'd be hanging out a lot of the time... :D (The website may not be too special, but you really have to see this place to beleive it.)

jennie
03-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will definitely try to make a trip to London and to Detroit in the near future.

And thanks to Rob who replied by email and has been terrific.

fredfish
03-31-2002, 02:44 PM
Delphinus:
"home of Tropicorium. If I lived in Windsor ...

Got that right. Its even worth the 3.5 hour drive. Given where you are from, I guess I should bee greatfull that I am that close. :D :D

Fred.

Delphinus
04-02-2002, 04:20 AM
3.5 hour drive? Oof, I guess that's a bit long for a whimsical drive ... But, it would be, oh, probably a THIRTY hour drive for me, so even still, I'm jealous of you. :D