PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial start to Nano Contest #2 for eager beavers

christyf5
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Ok so Randi is a bit eager to get going on this contest :razz:, so those of you that are ready to rock and roll can 1. pay your entry fee and 2. get started on the build.

There will be NO water in these tanks though. The contest doesn't officially start until June 1st. But in light of Randi's boredom and penchant for injuring herself we really need to give her a project :wink:

We're talking custom tank builds and ammassing equipment and such. Those of you on a budget will need to keep track of your purchases etc. Those of you not on a budget, well yee haw, sky's the limit :wink:

Entry fees can be paid via paypal or email interac to seamonkey68@hotmail.com

Edit: paypal just hosed me for $1.28 in fees. I've never had that before, guess they've gotta get their share now too. So for those of you that are paying paypal, sorry but you'll have to pay $21.35 to cover it.

if you are unable to use these methods and want to pay cash, PM me for my address.

Rbacchiega
05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
awwwwwwwwwwww I feel all special *tear*
So THAT'S how to get stuff done...Injure yourself and make people feel bad about it.... :wink:

christyf5
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I was on the fence before about it but then just never got around to making an actual decision.

But NOW I get ICE CREAM in a WAFFLE CONE!!! :razz:

michika
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
ICE CREAM in a WAFFLE CONE!!! :razz:

One for me too please.

Rbacchiega
05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
what do you have to offer me catherine....hmmmm? LOL

Icecream in a waffle cone assuming I ever head out to nanaimo....which come to think of it, is a real possibility. My buddy works at a tattoo shop out there, wouldn't mind popping by for a couple days one of these days...

Gee
05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
woot, fire up the table saw ... :lol:

AndyL
05-05-2009, 10:29 PM
There will be NO water in these tanks though
Can we change that to no life forms in the tank? I'd kinda like to do some testing/tuning of the carlson surge; and I've learned that SG matters with these devices - otherwise I'd be asking for freshwater testing :mrgreen:

Rbacchiega
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
a surge?!?! awwww dayyyyyyyyym

christyf5
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Can we change that to no life forms in the tank? I'd kinda like to do some testing/tuning of the carlson surge; and I've learned that SG matters with these devices - otherwise I'd be asking for freshwater testing :mrgreen:

nope. no water at all. you can test June 1st with water. Sorry.

AndyL
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Well I have this tank sitting here from the previous contest, seems a waste to not use it for this one... :D And it's stupidly overbuilt to not use it for a surge tank :mrgreen:

nope. no water at all. you can test June 1st with water. Sorry.

Yes boss...

Rbacchiega
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
no such thing as Stupidly OVER built...it's when you get into the underbuilt category that worries me LOL

JDigital
05-05-2009, 11:54 PM
We're talking custom tank builds and ammassing equipment and such. Those of you on a budget will need to keep track of your purchases etc. Those of you not on a budget, well yee haw, sky's the limit :wink:

I didn't know there was an unlimited budget category... thought it was 10G w/ Budget, and Custom w/ Budget??

Myka
05-06-2009, 01:25 AM
I didn't know there was an unlimited budget category... thought it was 10G w/ Budget, and Custom w/ Budget??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is also both categories w/o budget.

christyf5
05-06-2009, 01:28 AM
I did both categories with and without budgets. There seemed to be interest for both. I might just condense the 10g unlimited in with the custom unlimited though. Depends on the interest.

christyf5
05-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Paypal just screwed me for their fees so I've made an addendum to payment via paypal in the first post. Sorry guys.