PDA

View Full Version : Help... possible PARASITE

paddyob
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
One of my clown fish has little white "slivers" in its face. At first I thought it went face first at a bristleworm Because they are always picking bugs off my rocks. I was told by an LFS This is highly unlikely. Anyone seen this before? the slivers look just like bristleworm Bristles... thats my best description. several in one place (5 Or 6) And my other clown has none. There are no other fish in my tank. Please let me know if you have seen this. Removing the fish, big job. Thanks.

Chaloupa
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I've had a few fish come too close to a bristleworm and end up with bristles in their faces...I've never removed the fish to remove the the bristles....

naesco
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
One of my clown fish has little white "slivers" in its face. At first I thought it went face first at a bristleworm Because they are always picking bugs off my rocks. I was told by an LFS This is highly unlikely. Anyone seen this before? the slivers look just like bristleworm Bristles... thats my best description. several in one place (5 Or 6) And my other clown has none. There are no other fish in my tank. Please let me know if you have seen this. Removing the fish, big job. Thanks.

I have never seen this before. Do they look like it could be tiny leech type thingies?
There is also a possibility that it could be a bacteria infection called a 'true fungus'.
If you see any evidence that the slivers are multiplying you will have to treat the fish so get a QT up and running in case.
I think they are probably bristles though.

paddyob
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
I've had a few fish come too close to a bristleworm and end up with bristles in their faces...I've never removed the fish to remove the the bristles....

So it is possible that it is not parasitic. did the bristles disappear or still visible?

paddyob
05-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I have never seen this before. Do they look like it could be tiny leech type thingies?
There is also a possibility that it could be a bacteria infection called a 'true fungus'.
If you see any evidence that the slivers are multiplying you will have to treat the fish so get a QT up and running in case.
I think they are probably bristles though.

They do not look like leeches. they stand straight up from the fish as opposed to laying against the body.

paddyob
05-06-2009, 02:17 AM
from the research I have done tonight, what ever is one my clown does not look anything like anchor worms. at least I did not find anything that resembles them.

subman
05-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Sounds like bristle worm to me.
Pic?

paddyob
05-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Sounds like bristle worm to me.
Pic?

They are so fine that my camera cannot capture them. I tried. Sorry but thanks. I hope it is just bristle worms bristles.

paddyob
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Looks like they may be gone. This morning I only saw one sliver like thing and now I can't see any. Not sure if it was something that worked itself out.... OR IN!! Not sure if the addition of a cleaner shrimp helped. All I am sure of is that it looks good right now.

Thanks for the input.

paddyob
05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Well what ever it was, i cant see it at all now. happy about that.