PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI Multi tank setup

Steve-O-
05-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Hey i have a 5 stage RO/DI System under my sink i installed. I only get around 4g of water out of it. I would like to keep that but add a line into my basement into a garbage can. Anyone Have any DIY Plans of parts i will need.

here is a crappy diagram i want to do.
http://www.tearsandashes.com/nano/ro.jpg

mark
05-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Just do it like your diagram and put a float valve on the container in the basement.

Steve-O-
05-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Just do it like your diagram and put a float valve on the container in the basement.

MARK!!! Hey man where do i find a valve for this at JL? Also those Xena are HUGE!!!! thanks :) Setting up my big tank again :)

mark
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Was wondering how they survived the trip and sound like they did.

For a valve, I'm using a furnace humidifier float valve from Home Depot.

new but handy
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Buy a humidifier float valve from Home depot, they are in the central vacum section. I have my RO under the laundry room sink in my basement, then to a garabage can, then, up to my sump. I put a float valve on the garabge can and one in my sump. I used to have the RO unit under my kitchen sink but I didn't like the size of the pressure tank. Humidifier float valve is about $10 where the Kent marine one is about $30.

Steve-O-
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Ok i got it Hooked up like my picture but should i have a steady stream of water?? Alse im getting is dripping.

hillegom
05-13-2009, 01:34 AM
It depends on the RO membrane. How many gpd does it produce? If you have a 100 gpd unit, then that equates to about 4 gals per hour,

mark
05-13-2009, 02:22 AM
if what is labeled 'drinking water under kitchen sink' is a reservoir (and it's full) would expect when the float valve first comes on, would get a stream. Once the reservoir is empty them it's back to the gph rating of the membrane. Mine more a steady trickle which I feel is normal specially considering the roll off with temperature and pressure (see here (http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48193)).

banditpowdercoat
05-13-2009, 02:22 AM
you should get dripping, and no water in the drinking res. untill the float valve is closed. Once the pail is ful, the valve closed, then the RO will start to fill the drinking res. Good news is tho, if you only take 2 gal out of the fish res, the drinking res will fill it up fast, then RO will fill the drinking res again