PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy Stick

Ephraim
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I can't seem to find somewhere that sells those 2 part epoxy sticks used for sticking rocks together. I used to buy it at Rona. I cant find it there, Home Depot or Western Pumps. Where are you guys finding it in Calgary?

Rbacchiega
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
red coral has some mark...15 bucks I think

Ephraim
05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
any hardware stores? Rona used to sell it for like 10 bucks or so.

Rbacchiega
05-04-2009, 08:53 PM
not that I've seen recently....

xtreme
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
What brands have you used in the past? I have seen some marine epoxy at Triad Fasteners in NE Calgary and was wondering myself if it would be aquarium safe. Is there a way to tell what is safe? I don't remember the brand name off hand. If you do try it let me know, as I am curious if it can be used.

Ephraim
05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
i've used quite a few different brands over the years, cant remember which ones though. They have all been in the solid stick form, where there is a middle color and a darker outer color. I've just always assumed that all the stick ones are reef safe. Is the one at Triad in a solid stick?

xtreme
05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Ya it is in a stick just like the ones you see at the LFS. Probably the exact same stuff, just a different label. I have been scared to try it though.

Aquattro
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
A lot of the stick ones, especially products found in plumbing supply stores, have metal shavings in them and are not aquarium safe. For the extra couple of bucks, I'd go for the proven products.

Ephraim
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
A lot of the stick ones, especially products found in plumbing supply stores, have metal shavings in them and are not aquarium safe. For the extra couple of bucks, I'd go for the proven products.

I did not know this, interesting, that definately makes me rethink my purchasing habits. I ended up grabbing some coraline colored stuff from the LFS, never used this kind before. The purple color is actually kinda sweet, blends in nicely.