PDA

View Full Version : Would PETA Approve??

AJ_77
06-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Found myself nearly alone in the saltwater aisle at a large LFS today, standing next to a tank full of emaciated Yellow Tangs. Another tank right beside was FULL of grape caulerpa that they are selling (by the FOOT).

I quickly snapped off a strand of greens, and plopped it into the Tangs' tank. They got right into it!

Thanks to all of you who've shared "my Yellow Tang loves caulerpa" stories!

:biggrin:

Quinn
06-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Man that's genius, kudos. I avoid that LFS (I am almost certain of which one you mean), mainly because everytime I go in there, I see starving tangs, triggers, etc. in every tank.

Tau2301
07-01-2003, 03:15 AM
Is that the same as eating grapes as you walk around the grocery store? :biggrin:

A better idea might be to pretend that your interested in buying a fish, but you want to see it eat first. Tell them you have your eye on a couple of fish in each tank. That way they can all have a taste. :mrgreen:

naesco
07-01-2003, 03:35 AM
Found myself nearly alone in the saltwater aisle at a large LFS today, standing next to a tank full of emaciated Yellow Tangs. Another tank right beside was FULL of grape caulerpa that they are selling (by the FOOT).

I quickly snapped off a strand of greens, and plopped it into the Tangs' tank. They got right into it!

My hero!
Now everybody needs to do the daily run over lunch to feed them :smile:

EmilyB
07-01-2003, 03:53 AM
:cool:

I HATE PINCHBELLY TANGS :evil:

Canadian Man
07-01-2003, 05:02 AM

Excellent! Thanks for the story!

Some one pm me with the store please :mrgreen: So I can go feed the tang's