PDA

View Full Version : TEST Chemicals Are hazardous

paddyob
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I figured i would just throw this out there... but there are so many people who disregard the potential hazards of test kit chemicals. some are obviously poisonous by injesting, but almost all can be absorbed directly through your skin. some may not have lasting issues, but others may cause long term effects due to repeated exposure. the symbols on the bottles are there by law. there to protect you. it is important to wear gloves while testing. ever have that little blue stain on your fingers?

Zoaelite
04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
So true so true, Hagen is nice because all of there test bottles have the chemical ingredients right on them. Blue stain? You mean like methylene blue? I didn't think that was a test kit but a treatment for parasites?
Levi

paddyob
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
So true so true, Hagen is nice because all of there test bottles have the chemical ingredients right on them. Blue stain? You mean like methylene blue? I didn't think that was a test kit but a treatment for parasites?
Levi

Kh Will leave a blue stain. It does not wash completely off, meaning that it is already being absorbed. this is important too in LFS. ask your employer for WHMIS Sheets. they probably dont know, or care. they can be downloaded. EDUCATE THEM!

my2rotties
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Is this the reason behind giving two large bottles and one tiny bottle in test kits? It irks my butt that I have to buy a new test kits because I ran out of part three all the time. I find it very wasteful.

paddyob
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Is this the reason behind giving two large bottles and one tiny bottle in test kits? It irks my butt that I have to buy a new test kits because I ran out of part three all the time. I find it very wasteful.

Each chemical is dosed Different. find an LFS That sells refills. buy only what you need.