PDA

View Full Version : ocellaris clowns eggs?

dawen
04-30-2009, 01:41 AM
upon investigation in my tank today, when my 2 clowns acting weird, swimming in the same spot in circles next to the anemone, i notice there are tons of yellow/orange color of tiny bubbles stick on the rock, are those eggs? what can you do to raise those eggs? or what are the steps i should follow?

mike31154
04-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Probably are clown eggs, congrats. The male should be tending them the majority of the time. It would take more than a paragraph or two to elaborate on how to raise clown fry, but you need a separate tank, phytoplankton to raise rotifers to feed them. It's quite work intensive. Joyce D. Wilkerson's book "Clownfishes" is a great source of information. She is among the pioneers of successfully breeding marine fish. Other than that, a web search should net quite a bit of info as well. There are forums specific to breeding marine fish as well.

Ryan
04-30-2009, 04:37 AM
A good idea would be to pick up "Clownfish" by Joyce D Wilkerson ASAP. She describes in great detail the breeding and raising of all types of clownfish. Great book for any Clownfish lover.

dawen
04-30-2009, 04:51 AM
anyone know lfs that sells phyto or rotifers in edmonton?