PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium club meeting Sunday

sharuq1
04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Just a reminder the next meeting is SUNDAY, same time and same place as last time for those who attended before. Anyone not knowing the address please call the number listed (597-1134) and ask for Jim.

FISH CLUB
May 3 2009
The next Central Alberta Aquarium Club meeting will be held on Sunday May 3 2009 at 7 pm. For more info email jsayers@shaw.ca or call 403-597-1134. This will be a great chance to meet other red deer and area hobbyists and exchange info. Fresh and salt water. All are welcome, no charge.

Look forward to meeting you all.

muck
04-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Why does it say Sunday May 3rd in your quote if the meeting is tomorrow?
WOAH... Ive been concentrating and staring hard at my clock today...Did I go back in time? Am I the next Hiro... :razz:

sharuq1
04-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Sorry, lol I totally lost track of time. I thought it was Saturday yesterday for sure...guess that's what coming off nights and then getting sick will do :redface::lol: It IS on Sunday, thanks for pointing that out!

sharuq1
05-03-2009, 06:46 PM
BUMP It's today :D

sharuq1
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks to those of you who came. Next meeting is first Sunday of June at my house. PM me for the address. If you can bring some chairs it would be helpful as we do not have very many. Feel free to bring an object (book, article, equipment, what have you) for discussion.

We really need more people who are interested in taking a leadership role in the group to keep it on track. We also need ideas about things we can do at these meetings. If anyone from the calgary or edmonton group could come up and help us out or talk at the meetings about say the breeder's program, frag tools, etc. or something that would be great. The group is a bit disorganized right now (apologies), but hopefully in time with support from fish lovers we will be able to make this a more formal club.

I'm thinking perhaps that June's topic should maybe be a demo on how to start a small reef aquarium, or how to use test kits or how to use a refractometer? Thoughts on this?

I'd like there to be at least one topic where there can be a learning experience, and seeing as it is at my house this time a saltie topic would work well. If there is a freshie who would like to come forward with a fw topic we could do at the next meeting that would be great as well.

Jim will be starting up a site at some point as well. Any questions, comments or helpful hints, please contact him at jsayers@shaw.ca or call 597-1134.

mik
05-06-2009, 12:22 AM
hey kelly could you pm me for the adress and time thanks!