PDA

View Full Version : LF Vortech MP20

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Just thought I would ask here before I buy one new on Monday.

Ron99
04-29-2009, 05:59 PM
You might have trouble finding a used one. I don't think there are that many in circulation yet. Where were you planning on buying yours? I am thinking about an MP40. Maybe we can get a better price with a group buy if some others are interested too?

MCC
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Try nano-reef.com grp buys.... either you ship it to the border and go pick it up, or ship it to your house.

I have been quoted to be 265 usd w/ free shipping to anywhere in USA....so with exchange and tax .. you are looking at saving 50-70 cdn...

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
You might have trouble finding a used one. I don't think there are that many in circulation yet. Where were you planning on buying yours? I am thinking about an MP40. Maybe we can get a better price with a group buy if some others are interested too?

Yeah I figured I wouldn't find one but thought since I plan to order it on Monday anyways, may as well ask :razz:

I am going to order from Progressive reef because its free shipping and they are very close. And I think they have them in stock. I would just drop by J&L for it but they are out of stock and who knows when they will get them in.

I was even considering the MP10 but I don't know when exactly it comes out although it sounds like summer. I also like the fact that the MP20 is upgradable to the 40 if I ever do set a big tank up again.

I have heard group buys don't really work out with the Vortechs since you cannot buy them direct from ECO and most stores are not going to give an actual discount on the price. They may give a shipping break but many places have free shipping on these things already.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Try nano-reef.com grp buys.... either you ship it to the border and go pick it up, or ship it to your house.

I have been quoted to be 265 usd w/ free shipping to anywhere in USA....so with exchange and tax .. you are looking at saving 50-70 cdn...

That is a bit of savings but to be honest, I don't want the hassle of going to the states to get it. I actually just really hate having anything shipped from the US!

Free shipping from Progressive Reef too and it should only take a day to get here I would think considering its just on the island.

Ron99
04-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, if we can get a bit of interest from a few people it wouldn't hurt to ask Progressive for a bit of an extra discount for a couple of pumps. The worst they can do is say no :smile:

I have a box right across the border so if we wanted to put a group buy together from the US I can have it shipped there and bring it across. We will probably pay PST and GST but you're going to do that anyhow.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, if we can get a bit of interest from a few people it wouldn't hurt to ask Progressive for a bit of an extra discount for a couple of pumps. The worst they can do is say no :smile:

I have a box right across the border so if we wanted to put a group buy together from the US I can have it shipped there and bring it across. We will probably pay PST and GST but you're going to do that anyhow.

Yeah it couldn't hurt to ask ;)

When were you going to be ordering yours?

Ron99
04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I figured I would order one in the next week or so. I am also looking at a Nova Extreme Pro and maybe an ATO so I thought I might try to negotiate a discount based on buying a few items. The more we add the more likely we are to get a discount. I was planning on purchasing from Aquabuys.com but I am open to other vendors if somebody has a strong preference. I don't think any Canadian retailer will come close to matching the US prices on the NEP but we could ask Progressive about that too.

buddyreefer
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
let me know about the vortech also mate, i'd be interested

hillegom
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I am also interested, in a MP40, depending on the price. Was looking around the net and found this; http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/drygoods-sale-trade/43546-vortech-mp20-mp40-groupbuy.html
You have to phone the guy, but my phone is not free, to the us

Ron99
04-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Okay, I might try calling this guy. I may also email a few vendors and ask for a group price and see what they say.

Justin, have you talked to progressive or do you want me to contact them?

Skimmerking
04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
there is a brand new one for 350 shipped on RC

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah it looks like I have found one on RC too. 3 months old with receipt and about HALF of the new cost. Looks like I will pass on the group buy unless this doesn't go through. Can't turn down this kind of savings!