PDA

View Full Version : RSM Availability is NOW!

Nate
04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey guys,

I work for a local distributor in Calgary and wanted everyone to know that we just got in the first shipment of Red Sea Max 250's. They are shipping out today (well most of them) and are avail at your favorite reef shop!

Contact your favorite store to order...they will know how to get a hold of me. SUpply is very limited so order right away.

And So you know, we cover everywhere from The Manitoba/Ontario border to the West Coast!

Nate

gobytron
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
saw one at JL aquatics last week.
nice tank, but 2000$ for tank and stand?
come on.

Nate
04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I like em...they are pretty sweet...

to each their own...

Ron99
04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
saw one at JL aquatics last week.
nice tank, but 2000$ for tank and stand?
come on.

Well, it is tank, stand, lighting, filtration, power center with timers and skimmer in one neat package. Not really all that bad if you price out all the components.

Ryan
04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
The store here in lethbridge has had 3 of the smaller ones in every one of them had a problem. The 1st had a cracked stand, the other the hood was malfunctioning, and the 3rd the pump wouldnt work. They have a 4th in and set-up right right now which came in perfect but I am worried about quality on a $2000 dollar tank.

Given all the pieces were replaced no questions asked but theres always that "what if" and then the waiting period to get good part in.

I hope the RSM 250 is better quality or that was a 3 in a million screw up.

Red Coral Aquariums
04-29-2009, 03:53 PM
This is a great setup for someone that wants a complete system that looks good. I've read they have some neat accessories you can add, like chillers, etc.
We will have them available for order at Red Coral.
Thanks
Kevin

Nate
04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
supply is limited...we have been selling them out very quickly and have limited stock left...call and book yours at your favorite shop now!

gobytron
04-29-2009, 04:17 PM
but, for 2000, think of the much sweeter, much more versatile setup you can have...

I know there is a demographic for a tank like this at this price level, but at the end of the day, it's a glorified nano cube...

definitely to each their own

I see a lot of support from retailers and distributors though, I'm sure that means something./

i have crabs
04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
i dont agree with the negatives on here, ive never owned a redseamax but it looks good and has its place, i might buy one for a frag tank just so i dont have a getto tank, for those that think $2000 is way too much i think its time for a new hobby or maybe a freshwater tank.
shure you can build something for a bit cheeper but something half decent isnt gonna be much cheeper and definatly wont be problem free either,

fishytime
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
The beauty of these tanks is you can buy one, take it home, add water and rock and plug it in and away you go. No, is this pump enough flow....will this light fit on the tank, will that skimmer hang on the back properly etc. etc. etc. Also, it looks good and for those peeps with significant others that dont want ugly things in their living rooms....:mrgreen:

gobytron
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
The beauty of these tanks is you can buy one, take it home, add water and rock and plug it in and away you go. No, is this pump enough flow....will this light fit on the tank, will that skimmer hang on the back properly etc. etc. etc. Also, it looks good and for those peeps with significant others that dont want ugly things in their living rooms....:mrgreen:

agreed, for an easy peezey lemon squeezy don't wanna do any more work than I absolutely have to and I could care less about the price/value it is a perfect system.

No denying how gorgeous they look.

gobytron
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
i dont agree with the negatives on here, ive never owned a redseamax but it looks good and has its place, i might buy one for a frag tank just so i dont have a getto tank, for those that think $2000 is way too much i think its time for a new hobby or maybe a freshwater tank.
shure you can build something for a bit cheeper but something half decent isnt gonna be much cheeper and definatly wont be problem free either,

Ignorance is bliss, and expensive:wink:

sitandwatch
04-29-2009, 05:10 PM
I have the RSM 130 and I like it for my first tank it was just right and gave me a good start into the hobby.

Now when I move up to another tank I will go custom because I know stuff now at least I think I know stuff.

Snaz
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
All in Ones (AIO) have an appeal for those who do not like to see plumbing, wires, skimmers and all the other bits hanging off a tank. I'm not saying that you can't have a ground up tank look clean with no visible parts hanging off, just look at some of the better build threads to see examples

AIO are built for display and beauty, they may not be able to host the exotics but they sure look fine and they set up quickly.

reef bound
04-29-2009, 05:15 PM
We love our 34g red sea max. It was our first tank, too, and it looks great in the living room. Yes, we also have a beautiful custom 180g, but we still love our RSM because of how simple it really is and the beautiful clean lines of the all-in-one. I'd say it was the perfect starter tank for us, and I'm sure with this new bigger one they will have all the bugs worked out.

gobytron
04-29-2009, 05:37 PM
the 34g was 1000 at most with a stand though, much more reasonable for what you got.

Nobody get me wrong here, If someone gave my an rsm250, I'd be pleased as punch.
I was just shocked at how much it was when I saw it in person the other day.
Maybe I just have too much respect for my wallet.

w00t
04-29-2009, 06:04 PM
The store here in lethbridge has had 3 of the smaller ones in every one of them had a problem. The 1st had a cracked stand, the other the hood was malfunctioning, and the 3rd the pump wouldnt work. They have a 4th in and set-up right right now which came in perfect but I am worried about quality on a $2000 dollar tank.

I'm probably the one you are referring to about the hood issue, all fixed now. I did hear about the stand crack, but not the pump. :lol:

Ron99
04-29-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure you are being completely fair with pricing. The RSM 250 is something like $1750 to $1800 before taxes. Now if you go buy a 60 or 65 gallon reef ready tank with stand I think you will pay around $600. You could probably save $200 by drilling it yourself (some risk of cracking) and putting in your own overflow but to compare apples to apples let's go reef ready. Then add a sump too at extra cost, let's say $200 if you want to buy a ready to go one. A Nova Extreme Pro with 6 x 39 watts lighting would be another $450 so you are up over $1200 already. Now add some a return pump, heater, a powerhead or two, timers for lights and a skimmer and I think you will be pretty close to the RSM price.

I think if you want to buy a ready to go system the premium for the RSM is maybe $100 to $150 at most and for that you get a nice clean integrated system. You could probably save a few hundred more going DIY for some of that, and yes, your system may be more versatile, but many people would like an out of the box, ready to go system and this one really isn't all that expensive for what you get (IMHO).

ElGuappo
04-30-2009, 01:56 AM
i have a 130 rsm and like it just fine. i looked into the 250 about a year ago and the skimmer and lighting have both been upgraded. the media is easier to get at ETC. all and all i think its going to be a great little AIO.

es355lucille
04-30-2009, 02:16 AM
We own a Red Sea 130....its what we started with. We knew nothing. This thing is a mega kit. Salt/heater/test kits the whole meal deal.....just add water/LR. The skimmer has never missed a beat....

Now we have learned much more and we are ready to upgrade.....but I would not give up the RS130 we have. Its a good little unit. The larger unit would be better to start with though...more room for corals and fish!!! :mrgreen: