-100+ brittle fish. 1 giant green one.
-1 mandarin dragonet
-1 lawnmore blenny
-1 maroon clownfish
-2 orange clowfish
-2 blue damselfish
-1 shrmip, 1 peppermint shrimp
-3 snails
-7 hermit crabs (3 blue, 3 red leg, 1 vacuum crab)
-2 tiger cowries (Cypraea tigris) Family: Cypraeidae (for sale)
-4 feather dusters
-??? common bristleworms
-almost no aspasia <<killed regularly
-1 Sailfin tang
-1 Arrow Crab 6-8"
-1 Sandsifting Starfish

-1 hard coral polyps
-2 green star polyps
-3 actinia equina anemones (2red, 1pink)

its a 90gal mh lighting (800+w) with LR and LS 2 protein skimmers, sump, fans

so i need to sort this out i dont know whats compatible with what the maroon clown and orange clowns are getting along. aside from that my crabs have been eating my live seasifting starfish :sad: so i need to make changes. also i have a few black long spiked sea urchins on the way...

Aquattro
04-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Hmm, where to begin. first, the large green brittle star will likely eat your fish. All of them. Get rid of him first.
Cowries can eat corals, next.
Beadlet anemones, no idea if they're nice or not.
Which crabs are eating the sand sifter? Hermits? Never seen that. maybe the arrow crab, it will eat your bristle worms for sure. A bad thing in my opinion.
Black spiked urchins are fun, the pain of the spikes is awesome. and they knock stuff over. Actually, they probably will knock everything over. I wouldn't get one. Your mileage may vary...

Other than that, looks good. Some will give you heck for a sailfin in a 90, again, up to you.

good luck!

tlo
04-28-2009, 04:53 AM
well, to start
-get rid of the green brittle star - they can be fish eaters
-maroon clowns are usually very aggressive to other clowns and sometimes other fish - so keep an eye on it
- damsel fish again can be very territorial
-sailfin tang will rapidly get too big for a 90 gallon and should be re-homed
-sandsifting starfish eat the microfauna in your sandbed and can rapidly eat itself out of food. If your starfish is dropping legs or your hermits are eating it, it is in trouble and should be re-homed.
-crabs/hermits are opportuninstic feeders and although many are sold as reef safe, they can sometimes eat some desirable inhabitants if they can catch them.
HTH

my2rotties
04-28-2009, 05:11 AM
My green brittle star ate my scooter blenny. I saw him reach out and grab the fish and there was nothing I could do. I just got rid of all my large red hermit crabs, since I found one of them eating the legs off of my sandsifting starfish. I have two black spined sea urchins and want them out... just don't know how to go about doing it at this point. Like Aquattro said they knock everything over. They also grow super big in no time at all.

I have been trying to remove the brittle star but he is under a rock at the bottom of my tank.

I also had a tomato clown with my maroon clown. Had to rehome the tomato since the maroon was trying to beat him to death.

Marlin65
04-28-2009, 05:22 AM
I had a cowrie ones that loved to eat my star polyps at night. :twised:
I have a large brown brittle star with 10" arms and can see how they can eat fish, just feed it well. I also have a black spine urchin. Epoxy everything down and make sure everything is mounted and no problem mine does a great job on algae.

Atmos
04-28-2009, 07:14 AM
alright i got a lot of good advice :) ill get rid of the brittle star, the cowries are sold and so are all the clownfish. and 3 of the hermit crabs so the next step is to sit back and let the sea urchins clean the algae.there is lots so i know they will grow big, after that ill get the small colorful ones. then ill sell the arrow crab by this time he should have eaten all or most of the bristle worms(i want them gone since an orange one ate a baby anemone)

Leah
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Just a thought here you say you have a 800 watt metal haldide maybe that is adding
to the algae. I do not know much about MH maybe someone who does can chime in.
Does sound like you have a powerful light on it. How long does it stay on?

Aquattro
04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Just a thought here you say you have a 800 watt metal haldide maybe that is adding
to the algae.

I have 800w, no algae.

banditpowdercoat
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Wattage doesnt really affect the algae as much as color spectrum does. a 250W 5500K light will grow much more bad algae than a 20,000K 400W

Atmos
04-28-2009, 06:56 PM
i keep the light on exactly 8hrs a day its on a timer, maybe its too much.

banditpowdercoat
04-29-2009, 05:52 AM
I run 13 hrs on actinic, 11 on the Mid day. Was just 10 hrs on MH, no probs here.