PDA

View Full Version : Fish

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 08:41 PM
This is so hard for me to do...

I will be moving overseas and need to find good homes for my fish before I go. I have lots of time still, so I am looking for the best homes possible for these guys, especially the big ones.

First priority will be to whoever buys my tank since it would be nice keep them with it but PM if you have a suitable home for any of them. All the larger guys need at least a 6' tank and a few of the tangs need at least a 180.

All fish are extremely healthy and as of now ich free. They have all had ich and never been QT'd so its around but they have not shown sings for a good month and a half now. They eat literally all day long as I feed them whenever I see no more food left on their clip, so nice and fat!

5"-6" Coral Rabbitfish $30
6" Hippo Tang $40 SOLD
3.5" yellow tang $25
5" Naso tang $30 SOLD

Might already have homes for these two but PM anyways if interested.
7" Sailfin SOLD
5" harlequin tusk

Pair of Blue damsels Free

3" Scissor Goby $10 SOLD
6 Blue/green chromis $5 each SOLD
2" Cleaner Wrasse SOLD
2.5" Hawk Fish $20 (Tentatively spoken for)

I will not be able to catch them until I remove most of the coral and rocks. I am hoping to arrange a day that I can move most of them at once. I think it would be much less stressful this way.

Might be a few weeks until any of the fish are available for pick up. Not first come first serve type of deal, I am going to choose the best home.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/390.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/353.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/bbbbbbb114.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa043.jpg

FishIsGood2
04-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I am starting a 10g and would like to have your 2 free blue damsels if you don't mind.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I am starting a 10g and would like to have your 2 free blue damsels if you don't mind.

Yeah sure. They may end up outgrowing that but would be a while I think.

Will they be the only fish though? They can get quite mean and won't allow any other fish in that tank. So if you plan on other fish, I wouldn't recommend them. Just a warning.

fishoholic
04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
To bad you weren't closer and it wasn't a couple of months down the road. As you know I now have some space in my tanks to work with. Sorry to hear you're moving, all the best of luck with everything.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 11:48 PM
To bad you weren't closer and it wasn't a couple of months down the road. As you know I now have some space in my tanks to work with. Sorry to hear you're moving, all the best of luck with everything.

Actually that is really too bad! You would make a good home for them.

I can't ship them though. Too big and too stressful.

FishIsGood2
04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah sure. They may end up outgrowing that but would be a while I think.

Will they be the only fish though? They can get quite mean and won't allow any other fish in that tank. So if you plan on other fish, I wouldn't recommend them. Just a warning.

Yap, they will be the only fish in my 10g. I did have 1 in my 3g in the office but it jumped out and .......

reeferious
04-28-2009, 01:04 AM
i can provide a good home for your cleaner fish and hawkfish. my adequately stocked system volume is about 200 gals and am in the process of adding another 120 gal tank to my setup. let me know if this is satisfactory. thanx ken. btw i am also interested in whatever corals you have.

fishoholic
04-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Actually that is really too bad! You would make a good home for them.

I can't ship them though. Too big and too stressful.

I know it sucks that you're far away. However I agree with you about shipping. I wouldn't ship any of my fish, I personally just couldn't take the risk of something going wrong in transport.

Haloreef
04-28-2009, 02:59 AM
That sucks having to give up your tank! I have a good home for your Sailfin tang if the other deal falls through. 225 gal reef with a 75 gal sump in wall. His room mates would be 4" Orange Shoulder tang and a 4" Powder Blue, 6line Wrasse and a Pink spotted Goby. SPS dominated tank with low Bio load. Red Sea Sailfin is probably the last large fish to go into "this" tank. It will be yours or I will purchase one from my LFS. I just have to have one! One of my all time favorite fish. I could pick it up any week end.
Just pm me.
Keith.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-28-2009, 03:18 AM
i can provide a good home for your cleaner fish and hawkfish. my adequately stocked system volume is about 200 gals and am in the process of adding another 120 gal tank to my setup. let me know if this is satisfactory. thanx ken. btw i am also interested in whatever corals you have.

Cleaner Wrasse is tentatively spoken for but I will put you down for the Hawk.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-28-2009, 03:19 AM
That sucks having to give up your tank! I have a good home for your Sailfin tang if the other deal falls through. 225 gal reef with a 75 gal sump in wall. His room mates would be 4" Orange Shoulder tang and a 4" Powder Blue, 6line Wrasse and a Pink spotted Goby. SPS dominated tank with low Bio load. Red Sea Sailfin is probably the last large fish to go into "this" tank. It will be yours or I will purchase one from my LFS. I just have to have one! One of my all time favorite fish. I could pick it up any week end.
Just pm me.
Keith.

Pm'd

Tomjay
04-28-2009, 04:29 AM
Hey congrats on the new job....once you have your new tank setup there all the things we don’t have access to will be right out your backdoor. What do still have available?

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Hey congrats on the new job....once you have your new tank setup there all the things we don’t have access to will be right out your backdoor. What do still have available?

I updated the first page with whats spoken for as of now.

Just PM me about anything you many be interested in as I am not looking to sell necessarily to the first person that responds but instead looking/waiting for the best tank available.

no_bs
04-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Very healthy looking fish and vivid colors!!

TrailFish
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
This is so hard for me to do...

5"-6" Coral Rabbitfish $30
6" Hippo Tang $40
3.5" yellow tang $25
5" Naso tang $30 (Tentatively spoken for)

Might already have homes for these two but PM anyways if interested.
7" Sailfin (Tentatively spoken for)
5" harlequin tusk

Pair of Blue damsels Free (Tentatively spoken for)

3" Scissor Goby $10
6 Blue/green chromis $5 each
2" Cleaner Wrasse Free to a good home...eats well (Tentatively spoken for)
2.5" Hawk Fish $20 (Tentatively spoken for)

I will not be able to catch them until I remove most of the coral and rocks. I am hoping to arrange a day that I can move most of them at once. I think it would be much less stressful this way.

Might be a few weeks until any of the fish are available for pick up. Not first come first serve type of deal, I am going to choose the best home.

[/IMG]

I would be interested in the 6 blue/green chromis, Yellow Tang, cleaner wrasse (if still available) and the scissor goby (although I need to do a bit of research on this one). I have recently set up a 150 gal. (200 system vol.) tank (4' x 3' x 2') and am looking to the future for stalking (upgrading from a 50 gal thats been running 9 years) Currently have healthy pair of clowns and a Copper banded butteryfly. I am willing to wait until you are ready as it gives me more time for the tank to stabalize.

Let me know. Best of luck in your new adventures.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Bump for the rabbit and hippo!

Look at those faces! How can you say no! :lol:

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Yellow, Rabbit and Hippo all need homes still! Very soon if possible.

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-02-2009, 04:11 AM
Had someone lined up for the Hippo but they backed out last minute. Anyone interested? He is very healthy although a little stressed from all the commotion today with fish and corals going.

Hippo will be free to a good home at this point. Must be a big established tank and experienced keepers only.

Same goes for the Rabbit. Free if you have the right home. He is kind of getting picked on tonight as lots of LR has been moved around and they all seem to be looking for new territory.

Please PM if you have interest. I will make myself available anytime tomorrow. But please don't PM me just because they are free. I am still going to be picky about tank size and how established it is :D

Thanks!

300g
05-02-2009, 04:19 AM
pm you !!

Haloreef
05-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Hey Justin if you want I could take the hippo tomorrow when I pick up the Sailfin. That would deffinately be the last fish!
Keith.

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Just the Yellow tang and Rabbitfish still looking for homes!

FishIsGood2
05-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I added 2 sexy shrimps to my 10g recently and just wondering if sexy shrimps and blue damsels are a good match. If not, I will opt out of taking the 2 damsels.

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I added 2 sexy shrimps to my 10g recently and just wondering if sexy shrimps and blue damsels are a good match. If not, I will opt out of taking the 2 damsels.

I am really not sure. Someone here should know though.

Haloreef
05-03-2009, 04:51 AM
Justin, I just thought you would like to know that every one settled down after about 20 minutes. I fed the tank and every one ate. I do not think I have ever seen a cleaner wrasse eat nori!

It's nice to meet another Canreefer.
Good luck with the new job and, send dive photo's!

Thanks again,
Keith.

FishIsGood2
05-04-2009, 12:52 AM
I decided to opt out of taking the 2 free damsels.

I would like to thank you for your generosity and wish you all the best in your new job in Singapore. I am sure you will enjoy working there.

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-04-2009, 01:57 AM
I decided to opt out of taking the 2 free damsels.

I would like to thank you for your generosity and wish you all the best in your new job in Singapore. I am sure you will enjoy working there.

Sure no problem!

I am glad you looked into and made the right decision.