PDA

View Full Version : Introducing...A Whole New Tropic Zone (Vancouver Aquarium)

Samw
06-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Looks like they've enhanced their Tropical gallery, including their marine exhibit, which officially opened June 26. Cool. I guess I'll have to check it out soon.

http://www.vanaqua.org/events/TropicZone.html

"Renovations and innovations are under way in the H.R. MacMillan Tropical Gallery, part of the Tropical Zone that officially opens June 26. The interactive gallery will bring you closer to the amazing creatures of the tropics, highlighting the colors, shapes and patterns that make them so special"

"Brilliant coral reef fishes of every shape and size will continue to reside in the Indo-Pacific Exhibit, which has been augmented to include a life-like coral reef. Come face-to-face with tangs, butterflyfish, angelfish, triggerfish, basslets, and more."

"New technology has been added to compliment the gallery’s signs: three large plasma screens and seven touch-screen monitors offer an interactive approach to learning. Whether it’s researching the world’s tropical fishes, marine science initiatives, or the latest concerns surrounding ocean conservation issues, you’ll find everything you need to know at your fingertips"

Dresden
06-28-2003, 08:45 AM
sounds great i'll also have to plan a day

Jack
06-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Why dont we all go during a reef meeting?

zulu_principle
06-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Trying to plan out a group type event. The aquarium asked me to contact them after the exhibit was open to set up a time for a behind the scenes tour.

Will contact them again on Monday.

Wendell

Samw
06-29-2003, 03:42 AM
Trying to plan out a group type event. The aquarium asked me to contact them after the exhibit was open to set up a time for a behind the scenes tour.

Will contact them again on Monday.

Wendell

Sounds good Wendell. I can't remember if we decided on a date but I'm thinking Sept might be good because it would be too crowded during the summer with school out and tourist season etc.