PDA

View Full Version : Moving Sale (200G)

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Confirmed tonight that I am moving to Singapore late fall (accepted a job) and figure I should get ready to sell this thing now. I don't want to deal with it last minute. Might even have to move just after summer. Don't know yet.

I prefer to sell all together if possible but since I know that's not probable, open to parting out. But I am going to have to work out livestock first before equipment goes and this may be a very slow process.

I would really like the big fish to go with the tank if possible. Maybe someone wants to upgrade???

I have a while to sell this thing, so no rush at all. If the tank and stand sell, I will then part out the rest. Not first come first serve with the tank as I really do want to find someone who is experienced and wants the fish too.

This is what I think is fair:

Custom 200G tank 72"x30"wide x 22" tall
1/2" side panels, 3/4" bottom panel
Black silicone
Eurobraced
Middle overflow with 2 x 1" bulkheads and 1 x 1.5" bulkhead (for Herbie overflow)
No visible scratches

DIY stand
Strong 2x4/2x6 frame
Finished with sealed MDF
Sliding doors (need a little repair)

Tank and stand

$550 FIRM (Sale pending)

75G sump (may keep this)
No baffles, not drilled
No scratches
Could be used as a display really

$75

Bubblemaster 200 Skimmer
Loads of extra Enkamet mesh for the pump

$250 (Sale pending)

Tunze Wavebox with magnet holders

$450

Lighting
Dual 400 PFO HQI ballast
2 x Lumenbright III reflectors with mogul sockets and all wired up
2 x XM 20K 400 watt bulbs (about 2 months old) (overdriven with the HQI ballast to make them a bit more white)

$500 (Sale pending)

1.5L Vertex ZEOvit reactor

$120 (Sale pending)

Total:
$1895

Jeez...I hate to think what I actually paid!

Livestock

I will also have lots of LR and corals for sale but I need a few days to work out what is staying and what is going.

The fish I hope to sell with the tank are the following:

8" Sailfin (Sale pending)
5" Naso (Sale pending)
6" Coral Rabbitfish
4" Yellow tang
5-6" Hippo
5" harlequin Tusk (may have a home for him already) (Sale pending)

But if you have a LARGE tank, I will sell the fish separately of course.

Please have some patience, this is going to take a lot of planning for me to get this parted out.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/bbbbbbb010.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/00000000000000000000000007.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/00000000000000000000000001.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/353.jpg

justinl
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
ooh, I want the purple gorg if you don't get a whole-package buyer!

Congrats on the job, though it sucks to see you go :( will you set up a new tank in Singapore?

c me fish
04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
pm sent

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
ooh, I want the purple gorg if you don't get a whole-package buyer!

Congrats on the job, though it sucks to see you go :( will you set up a new tank in Singapore?

Yeah for sure I will be. Sent you a PM.

christyf5
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, sorry to hear you're selling I know this was a labor of love for you (for the most part :wink:). I sure hope you set up a tank in singapore and keep posting here on canreef, it would be awesome to see what you can do/get down there :biggrin:

reefy
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Congratulation on your new job but sad to see you go tho...

Justinl: do you mind to sell me a frag/half of the gorgonia after you buy it?

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow, sorry to hear you're selling I know this was a labor of love for you (for the most part :wink:). I sure hope you set up a tank in singapore and keep posting here on canreef, it would be awesome to see what you can do/get down there :biggrin:

I will for sure. I don't move for a while still and am going to set up a cube while I am still here for my clowns which my brother is then going to take over for me when I leave. I will be back one day (probably after a year) and would like my clowns and that new carpet anemone I just got to still be around.

So I will set up a really simple cube after I sell this thing. I may still be here until January even. There is a lot to work out in the way of work permits and the job doesn't start until late fall anyways. Earliest sounds like it would be Oct. but more likely to be Nov. or even as late as Jan.

So I am selling early but I want these fish to go to great homes, so I figure I may as well take my time placing them. Plus I want to travel a bit this summer since I have the whole thing off.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Congratulation on your new job but sad to see you go tho...

Justinl: do you mind to sell me a frag/half of the gorgonia after you buy it?

Thanks!

I will be back in Vancouver about a year or so after I go. Its a year contract. Most likely I will have the option to stay longer but my fiancee and I want to get married and settle down here in Vancouver soon.

I have moved around a lot...Miami, Phoenix, Toronto, Montreal...This is just kind of one last move before I stay in one place for a long time!

Oh I am keeping that gorgonian I think but should be able to frag both of you a piece :D I will PM you about it once I get everything sorted out.

reefy
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks!

I will be back in Vancouver about a year or so after I go. Its a year contract. Most likely I will have the option to stay longer but my fiancee and I want to get married and settle down here in Vancouver soon.

I have moved around a lot...Miami, Phoenix, Toronto, Montreal...This is just kind of one last move before I stay in one place for a long time!

Oh I am keeping that gorgonian I think but should be able to frag both of you a piece :D I will PM you about it once I get everything sorted out.

ohh I can keep the gorg for you in my tank for a year no problem hehe :D
by the way do you ever sleep? lol I saw your previous posts was from 2:00am until now lol

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
ohh I can keep the gorg for you in my tank for a year no problem hehe :D
by the way do you ever sleep? lol I saw your previous posts was from 2:00am until now lol

No I don't sleep all that much really :mrgreen:

Chaloupa
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
totally off topic, but your loft/apartment is very cool looking!!! WOW!

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 04:07 PM
totally off topic, but your loft/apartment is very cool looking!!! WOW!

Want to rent it? :lol:

Chaloupa
04-27-2009, 04:10 PM

HA HA HA....if only....I'll just move in the 2 kids, dog and cat...oh and husband too!

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
HA HA HA....if only....I'll just move in the 2 kids, dog and cat...oh and husband too!

Yeah! Well I was kind of thinking it could be your "get away" pad.

Oh and I allow aquariums!

JDigital
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM

I'd probably take that offer if I lived in Van.. :mrgreen: definitely my style.. Concrete walls and floor would be great for noise insulation... (I'm a DJ).. haha

Good luck the with the sale of everything.

Rbacchiega
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
how much are you looking to rent it for?

Chaloupa
04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah! Well I was kind of thinking it could be your "get away" pad.

Oh and I allow aquariums!

OOOOOOH don't tempt me!

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
how much are you looking to rent it for?

I have no idea yet. That's a ways away and my brother might live here while I am gone.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Back on track.

Insane amount of PM's. I am going to have to get back to everyone in order and figure out whats best to do here.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-28-2009, 03:21 AM
I have PM'd everyone back and have a waitlist going for all the different pieces of equipment.

All that does not have a wait list is the lighting. I should mention that these are mogul based 20K XM bulbs with an HQI ballast that overdrives them a bit. They are not quite as blue with this ballast. They look more like 14K to me. Been run 6 hours a day for 2 months now.

I am still however going to give it until the weekend to see if I can get a buyer for all equipment. Someone is coming Friday to check it all out and then I will PM everyone back again.

Thanks for the patience.