PDA

View Full Version : Ricordia FS

TrailFish
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM
I've built a new tank and am getting ready to tear down the old one which is covered with 80% ricordia mushrooms (talk about your species tank). Anyways, I lost the clone wars and will not be adding many (if any) of these to my new tank and am looking for interest in those wanting shrooms.

I will be selling all rock with attached ricordia as well as removing all the ricordia attached to the back wall and plumbing. I will sell off unmounted shrooms for 5 bucks for 5-10 and the rock (mostly covered in mushrooms) for about $10 - $15/ Lb (negotiable). I am also willing to trade for other frags.

Attached is sample of what they look like under non-direct light.

Cheers

MCC
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Are these the only rics you selling from the picture?

ner'T'
04-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi,

Are you sure they're Ric's? They look differrent and less "bubbley" then ones I have... Still pretty though

Snaz
04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Yuma vs Florida. See this link that might clarify:
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=95768&view=findpost&p=880680

TrailFish
04-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Yeah the photo is a good representation of the shrooms. They all originated from 4 individuals I had when I set up my tank 9 years ago. (I lost the clone wars). They are the only shroom in the tank.

Ner'T: Your mailbox is full.

ner'T'
04-27-2009, 04:00 AM
Thanks for that link SNAZ. On second look I could clearly see the little nubs, or fingers on the edge of the shroom. I glanced at the center and it looked like a regular mushroom. Cheers!

tang daddy
04-27-2009, 11:10 PM
I would say that these are yuma's quite different than ricordeas but nice none the less I would be intrested in a trade for a rock with a few of these.....

What would you want to trade it for?

I mainly have sps however, I also have a green sinularia and 2 fungia plate corals, also have duncans and zoas.....

TrailFish
04-28-2009, 05:10 AM
I would say that these are yuma's quite different than ricordeas but nice none the less I would be intrested in a trade for a rock with a few of these.....

What would you want to trade it for?

I mainly have sps however, I also have a green sinularia and 2 fungia plate corals, also have duncans and zoas.....

I would happily trade for sps frags! After reading the previous posts, I'm pretty sure these are ricordea florida.

ner'T'
04-29-2009, 06:01 AM
BUMP

Thanks again

And I thought you might run out of shrooms!!! That tank is so loaded! Let me know when you want to come by in the future for a sps frag.

Cheers

reefy
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM
ner'T': I've seen your post all over in buy sell section, you most be collecting tons of good stuff:biggrin: so are those shrooms florida or yumas?

Chowder
04-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Those definetly look like Yumas . You can see the pimples around the mouth. Floridas are smooth around the mouth.

Chris

TrailFish
04-29-2009, 07:50 PM
You could always come by to decide for yourself, as there is no lack of specimens to examine!

As a side note, after Ner'T came by to pick up his shrooms I witnessed a strange brittle star spawning event. My tank has hundreds++ of these little brittle stars (1 - 3 cm) that suddenly appeared out of the rock, climbed up to high places and started to spawn by releasing (eggs/sperm??). And then....

About an hour later, my large (dinner plate sized) brittle made an appearance (I've only seen its tentacles for the last couple of years) and did the same. Lots of lovin in my tank last night! Nothing else seems any worse for the experience.