PDA

View Full Version : First ever Saltwater, 90g

Blom
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello guys,

I am fairly new to the forum, first post on canreef. But I have been cruising around learning as much as I can. I have been running a 90g planted Freshwater community tank for just over a year now and have really enjoyed the heck out of it. I find myself very distracted by the tank and find myself running behind on just about everything else cause I get caught staring for hours. So I have decided to try my hand at at saltwater, with this build I am mainly trying to learn as much as I can about the workng of keeping a reef tank. This is because a goal of mine a few years down the road it to have a fairly large tank (350+g).

So I went out and picked up a 90g tank /w a stand from one of the long time members on the forum (kwirky, I am sure I will still be learning through your previous posts on this forum and thanks for the tank.. Solid Stand!!) Also I picked up a new 40g on my way home from for the sump. Ive read, and read, then I read some more. Joined 20000+ forums HA (And seem to receive email form most.. great). Exams just finished for me yesterday so I have some free time to work on the tank, weather allowing. I am planning on getting the 90g drilled at either riverfront or big als here in Calgary and DIY sump. Im just trying to decide how to run the overflow, to herbie or not to herbie that is the question. Im not interested in the gained flow rate as I am planning two drains in both back corners. But I might like the idea of how quite I hear the herbie is. I dont have any other friends on the hobby so I am not overly sure how loud the overflow will be in the first place (Any comments on this topic would be great!). The other thing im trying to work out is whether to drill for the return line or just run it over the top of the tank, I haven't been able to find much on the net about that. Ill use my education to deduce that drilling the tank would lower the hight I have to pump my water which will decrease the head pressure, but realisticly the extra foot could just be tackled by a bigger pump with the money I saved on drilling the two holes. I also imagine that people are doing it for athstetic reasons. So plumbing ideas or tips would be great.

I will continue to post with progress and picture eventually when there is something to take a picture of :) Thanks in advance for all the comments and help I have already received or I am sure will receive.

Thanks
Tyson

fishytime
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
First of all welcome to becoming an official poster.

I wouldnt plumb a tank any other way except with a herbie. Very quite and easy to adjust. If you looking for ideas, check out the first couple pages of my tank journal thread. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40669 Oh yeah*whispers* "we drill tanks too":biggrin:

Blom
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Hello and thanks,

I can honestly say that I was up till about 3am last night going through your tank build journal, and it looks great. I dont know if I would find the noise bothersome, but quick and easy adjustments sound fantastic. I knew people would find this out sooner or later but I have never been to Red Coral, nor do I even know where it is. I know... Im ashamed hah. Maybe I will try and swing by there sometime today, with all this new found free time the world is my oyster.

Blom
04-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Well Ive made it by RC and hung out for a while, Kevin is great. He helped me out with a few things design wise and totally got me amped for the new tank. Picked up a Sedra 9000 for my return while I was there, so all the pieces are starting to somewhat fall into place. Got all the materials to finish off the stand so I have been plugging away in the garage. Again I will post pictures when there is something to look at :)

Again thanks for all the help Kevin!

JDigital
04-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Nice to meet you at RC today... Excited to see how this tank comes along. I'd also recommend the herbie overflow.. Mine is deadly silent, the only noise I can hear from my tank is the Closed Loop pump, but after awhile I don't even notice it anymore..

Good Luck with the build!

Myka
04-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Can't wait to see some pics in this thread!!! Welcome to CanReef! And I'm glad you made it to RC...they are good guys there. :)

Rbacchiega
04-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Can't wait to see some pics in this thread!!! Welcome to CanReef! And I'm glad you made it to RC...they are good guys there. :)

Except for that Doug....he's a little on the wacky side if you ask me :wink:

fishytime
04-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Except for that Doug....he's a little on the wacky side if you ask me :wink:

I resemble that remark and am comfortable with my wackyness.:silly:

Blom
04-25-2009, 06:36 AM
It was nice to meet you as well Josh. The stands coming along nicely, got my glass for the sump baffles today. Ill post some pics of that when its done.

es355lucille
04-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forum! and welcome to the world of salt water addiction!

Brad

Blom
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Okay, Im waiting for some things to dry so I figured I would post some pictures for everyone. The stand is almost done, one more coat of stain on the trim should do it.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0079-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0083-0.jpg?rev=0

I also did one of the baffles for the sump. I only did the one because I have never built anything like this that needs to be water tight. So I just wanted to make sure before I did them all, and at least in my mind had to re-do them all. But It held... surprise.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0084-0.jpg?rev=0

I also wanted to add a picture of my 90g planted freshwater community tank!
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0074-0.jpg?rev=0

Thanks!

Blom
04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Finished the stand and baffles in the sump, planning on leak testing it later tonight. I'm also hoping to head into RC tomorrow to drop my tank off to be drilled. Hopefully by next weekend I have water cycling through the tank... wouldn't that be exciting!

JDigital
04-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Mmmm starbucks..

What type of rubber did you use on the stand? I am looking for something to line the sump area of my stand for my large, looks like pretty good stuff you used.

Blom
04-27-2009, 11:54 PM
What type of rubber did you use on the stand? I am looking for something to line the sump area of my stand for my large, looks like pretty good stuff you used.

Just found it at Home Depot, in the flooring section. I think it was 30 bucks for a 27inch wide by 5 feet or so long.

Blom
04-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Mmmm starbucks..

Product placement?

Blom
04-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks for all the greetings to the forum people, mucho appreciative. And an even bigger thanks for turning me towards RC, Kevin has been awesome. The guy knows his stuff, which is very helpful to a guy like me (Knows very little). Im sure ill make it up there one day on the weekend to meet Doug. Speaking of RC I dropped my tank off there today to be drilled, and decided that it would be in everyones best interest if I let them build the overflow as well. The overflow will be visible in the display tank, my silicone job on the sump will not thankfully. Ill get some more pictures up when I get the tank home and set up.

Thanks again all

Tyson

Blom
05-01-2009, 04:08 AM
Got the tank back from RC and it looks great. Ran into a hiccup with the plumbing though. Couldn't find 1 1/2 inch pvc at either rona or home depot, which is the size of the overflow. Was able to find all that was needed in ABS plastic but I didnt know if that would work. Everything in my minds says that it should work fine for the overflow because its not running pressurized. But i have not seen pictures of anyone using it for any of their plumbing. Would ABS pipe work?

Thanks.

banditpowdercoat
05-01-2009, 04:30 AM
ABS will be fine. Most dont use it because the selection of fittings is pretty lacking

Blom
05-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Slight Update, half plumbed up...

Kevin at RC did a great job on the overflow
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0098-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0103-0.jpg?rev=0

Return
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0104-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0105-0.jpg?rev=0
And the pump
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0106-0.jpg?rev=0

If anyone sees any better ways of doing any of this let me know.

Thanks

fishytime
05-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks good mang....you are planning on plumbing that emergency drain down a bit farther?

parkinsn
05-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Looks good so far, it was nice to meet you at RC the other day. Where have i been i thought it was May/09 not Feb/07..... mus be that crack we were talking about :lol:. I agree with fishytime you might want to shave your emergency drain a bit and bring it further down

fishytime
05-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Looks good so far, it was nice to meet you at RC the other day. Where have i been i thought it was May/09 not Feb/07..... mus be that crack we were talking about :lol:. I agree with fishytime you might want to shave your emergency drain a bit and bring it further down

I was looking at the emergency drain under the tank....but your right the emergency looks a titch tall in the overflow.

Blom
05-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Yes the emergency will be down further both in the overflow and underneath. Its just all somewhat dry fit together. Like we were joking at the store yesterday i was short a couple pieces to run the plumbing for the overflow beneath. So Ill see you today sometime haha. I was going to ask you Doug, where did you get your strainers? JL?

parkinsn
05-02-2009, 05:21 PM
RC sells the strainers not sure what sizes they have but i saw a few yesterday.

trouble
05-02-2009, 05:55 PM
hey blom looks good man!! i am in the process of a diy sump and overflow my self on my 72g. my question for you is what kind of silicone did you use when you tried your baffles???:razz:

Blom
05-03-2009, 03:45 AM
hey blom looks good man!! i am in the process of a diy sump and overflow my self on my 72g. my question for you is what kind of silicone did you use when you tried your baffles???:razz:

I used "All-Glass Aquarium Silicone". Brand name is All Glass. I picked it up at Red Coral, pretty sure they had a few tubes left. I know that there are some other options from GE and a few other brands. Im pretty sure you can find the info of different types that people have used on here. I liked this stuff, worked fine.

banditpowdercoat
05-03-2009, 05:30 AM
you know, I've used All kinda of Silicone. My present overflow is siliconed in with Permatex RTV black from Lordco. No ill effects or nothing.

Blom
05-04-2009, 05:47 AM
So close to filling the tank, just having to wait for some help lifting the tank onto the stand. Only 4 more feet... all this and im sidelined by a height less than me (Not much less i'll add). Oh well, Pretty happy with how the plumbing worked out. The gate valves make the plumbing look like it was designed for a tank volume 10 times the size I have, which I enjoy greatly. hmm excited about gate valves, not good. I got the bulkheads screwed in there pretty good, didnt want to run the risk of cracking the glass. Theres some good compression on the rubber gaskets, figured thats what I was looking for.

fishytime
05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Im not working atm....shoot me a pm if you want and I will come and help you lift the tank.

Blom
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Im not working atm....shoot me a pm if you want and I will come and help you lift the tank.

Thanks for the offer, got er up there this morning. Going to plumb it up this afternoon and get some H2O. Seems bigger than my other 90g for some reason.

JDigital
05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Less chat, more pics!! :mrgreen:

Rbacchiega
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM
less chat, more pics!! :mrgreen:

+1

Blom
05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Less chat, more pics!! :mrgreen:

Haha awesome... okay
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0108-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0109-0.jpg?rev=0

Need a few things before Im willing to fill it. But damn close... Hopefully later on this evening.

Rbacchiega
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
wooo! Look at the size of that sump...think of all the junk you can put in there! Trust me, it'll happen. Everytime I try to get a large sump and leave is spacious, reactors and the like just seem to find their way in there...trust me, it'll happen.

Blom
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
wooo! Look at the size of that sump...think of all the junk you can put in there! Trust me, it'll happen. Everytime I try to get a large sump and leave is spacious, reactors and the like just seem to find their way in there...trust me, it'll happen.

I can only imagine, Ive already been looking at the digital aquatics controllers, completely overkill for my needs right now. But very cool none the less, so its been added to an already very long wish list.

Wish number 1: WATER!!!

That being said I better motivate myself to go to Rona (AGAIN!) to pick up the rest of my needed plumbing.

JDigital
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
LOL @ Rona comment...

I made soo many trips to Rona and Home Depot for plumbing parts.. And not due to any lack of planning, as I always had a large list of pieces to pick up, but some were not in stock, others I didn't realize I would want in the end.

Overflow looks good.

Rbacchiega
05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I never thought I would use a controller/monitor system. I thought there were so many other things I could use the $300+ for. And then I thought about it. It monitors everything I normally test for, so no need for test kit clutter or time spent (lets face it, it takes me damn near an hour to test my tank), it looks fancy (which is a big plus :rolleyes: ) and it makes the whole keeping reef tanks a little easier in my mind. Which is while I'll be putting one on my next system.

JDigital
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I never thought I would use a controller/monitor system. I thought there were so many other things I could use the $300+ for. And then I thought about it. It monitors everything I normally test for, so no need for test kit clutter or time spent (lets face it, it takes me damn near an hour to test my tank), it looks fancy (which is a big plus :rolleyes: ) and it makes the whole keeping reef tanks a little easier in my mind. Which is while I'll be putting one on my next system.

Which controller are you looking at that monitors Mag, Ca, Alk?? Certainly not Aquacontroller Jr/3/3 Pro...:wink:

Blom
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I agree, Rona needs to stock parts evenly over all of their stores. had to go to 3 said stores just to find a 90 PVC elbow. Loitered around RC for a while today, picked up Salt and an RO/DI unit. That being said im looking for a sponsor to to pick up the tab on my system.... Really.... No takers. Figured there would be an outcry of help hah.

On a side note how are those Donairs, smell good. Maybe next time!

Well Ill snap some more pictures once I get some water in it tonight for a test run. Then Ill have some time to figure out how to plumb in the RO unit.

Blom
05-05-2009, 02:04 AM
And thats how you make an $800 water re locater. err, well sort of. A smarter man than I probably did it without any pipe leaks. I guess thats why you fill it with tap water, cause man would I have been ****ed if I filled this up over 2 days with RO and found it leaked. Oh well, kind of saw it happening. Im going to rethink my downstairs plumbing.

PICTURES:
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0115-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0112-0.jpg?rev=0
Thats one full tank!
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0113-0.jpg?rev=1
And now the Leaks :cry:
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0114-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0116-0.jpg?rev=0

Well at least I know what has to be fixed, then Im off to the races.

Blom
05-05-2009, 05:16 AM
All drained, and I think Im done for the day. 120G bucketed in and out 5 gallons at a time wore me out. Figured out where my leaks are and have formulated a plan, more silicone HAH. Im just going to run a bead on the joints that are leaking. Almost plumbed in the RO/DI unit as well, just need about 40ft of tubing. Oh well tomorrows a new day.

fishytime
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
This thing is movin right along. How are you plumbing in your RO?

Blom
05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
This thing is movin right along. How are you plumbing in your RO?

I was planning on running the feed and drain lines about 20 ft to the laundry room, keeping the unit under the tank. Figured I have more control that way until I can get the auto top off installed down the road.

fishytime
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Just a heads up...the membranes on RO units arent designed for short run times, so plumbing it in such a way will drastically reduce the life span of the membranes. Not sure if this is what you had in mind but.....

Blom
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Ive heard, my problem has turned into a huge lack of space though. My other thought was trying to combine at QT with a freshwater holding tank, maybe a 20G that could be used for whichever in needed. I dont know, im going to fix that leak in the plumbing before anything. Thanks for the tip, I agree I would rather extend the life of the $200 RO/DI unit.

Blom
05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Okay, done the plumbing. In the process of testing it, and an hour in and still no leaks :mrgreen:

Going to start filling it up tonight with RO water. Planned on picking up my lights next week, I was thinking of the Tek T5 48" 6 bulb x 54w. Seems like quite a few people went this way. I was thinking about HQI but just didnt want to get into all the problems of heating the water up to much. The Tek will end up giving my just over 3 1/2 watts/gallon on the conservative side. The only question I had is whether or not the light would reach deep enough (23" maybe 20-21" with sand) for say some clams:question:

Another question I was going to ask the very knowledgeable people on this forum is what they were using for test kits. Which brand do you you like and why?

Thanks
Tyson

fishytime
05-07-2009, 09:21 PM
My tank is 20" deep 12x39w (six each side),most of my clams are on the bottom. Have some sps in the lower half of the tank too. You shouldnt have a problem running 6x54w. Depending on what clams you were thinking of, crocea and maxima prefer to be on rock anyway. So, unless you find a super flat rock to put them on at the bottom of the tank, they will likely be up a bit.

JDigital
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Okay, done the plumbing. In the process of testing it, and an hour in and still no leaks :mrgreen:

Going to start filling it up tonight with RO water. Planned on picking up my lights next week, I was thinking of the Tek T5 48" 6 bulb x 54w. Seems like quite a few people went this way. I was thinking about HQI but just didnt want to get into all the problems of heating the water up to much. The Tek will end up giving my just over 3 1/2 watts/gallon on the conservative side. The only question I had is whether or not the light would reach deep enough (23" maybe 20-21" with sand) for say some clams:question:

Another question I was going to ask the very knowledgeable people on this forum is what they were using for test kits. Which brand do you you like and why?

Thanks
Tyson

90G in a basement, correct? You shouldn't have a problem with Metal Halides... I am running 2x250W HQI's on my 75 and see very little fluctuation in my temps. 1.5 degrees at most.. 25-26 at night and 26-27 in the day. Plus a set of 2x54 T5s...

Test kits for me.. Salifert for Alk and Mag, Elos for Ca, pH, NO2, NO3, NH4..

fishytime
05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
90G in a basement, correct? You shouldn't have a problem with Metal Halides... I am running 2x250W HQI's on my 75 and see very little fluctuation in my temps. 1.5 degrees at most.. 25-26 at night and 26-27 in the day. Plus a set of 2x54 T5s...

Bah.....go T5:argue:

JDigital
05-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Bah.....go T5:argue:

Yea, for supplemental.....:twised:

Blom
05-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Hah, Forum fight. Taking bets...

I think ill stick with T5s, its going to give me the light I need with less wattage which means a happier enmax bill! Pfft on the fitting with the RO unit, or maybe pffft on the plumbing in this 30 year old house. either way im heading back to Rona. Im going to see if they have a gold card for people that are in there every day. Thanks Josh for the test kit, ill take a look at it.

Blom
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Yup, Sh**y plumbing in the house. Which got me thinking about the wiring, I might run into breaker troubles once everything is running. Two fishtanks (albeit the FW is not running alot of wattage compared to what the SW will be running) and a jacked up computer. I guess we will see. Started filling the tank with RO water. I feel bad for people with huge tanks, this must take forever.

fishytime
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
You should borrow Greg's(Snappy aka Coral Master) RO unit I think he said it does 300gpd. Nothing like waiting for water to drip huh?

Blom
05-09-2009, 12:40 AM
You should borrow Greg's(Snappy aka Coral Master) RO unit I think he said it does 300gpd. Nothing like waiting for water to drip huh?

Its defiantly not the most exciting thing I've ever done, but its not the worst either. A few decent water changes from now I could see myself hating the process. Im going to look into a cylindrical plastic water tank, 40G at most. It wont be in the same room as the tanks so Ill still have to bucket it in, still a hell of a lot better than watching them fill.

Just trying to work out the wiring, thinking of doing a little black box idea. Sturdy and water tight so I could place say a 20G QT on top. meh ill just worry about getting the water in the tank for now, I have a solid 5 months of tinkering ahead.

banditpowdercoat
05-09-2009, 01:33 AM

I cant wait till I fill my 150g with my 50gpd...and wait...and wait....and wait...and wait...and

JDigital
05-09-2009, 01:46 AM
I cant wait till I fill my 150g with my 50gpd...and wait...and wait....and wait...and wait...and

+1... 187g+66g sump with a 75gpd unit... :sad: 3.37 Days... :razz:

banditpowdercoat
05-09-2009, 01:49 AM
+1... 187g+30g sump with a 75gpd unit... :sad: 2.89 Days... :razz:

I'd say lets have a race, but I think you would win LOL.

Is it just me, or does it seem that a RO unit slows down after a day? I was filling a bunch of Rubbermaid totes, and the first one was WAY faster than the last.

Blom
05-09-2009, 01:51 AM
+1... 187g+30g sump with a 75gpd unit... :sad: 2.89 Days... :razz:

And wait... and wait... and wait... and im half done :surprise:
Id love a tank that size, but I sure dont envy you having to fill it.

JDigital
05-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Is it just me, or does it seem that a RO unit slows down after a day? I was filling a bunch of Rubbermaid totes, and the first one was WAY faster than the last.

We can race, I changed the sump from 30 to 66... DUH! :lol: 187+66...

Blom
05-09-2009, 01:57 AM

Way way slower as ive progressed, started at about 45min to every 5g bucket. up to about an hour a bucket now. Yay

banditpowdercoat
05-09-2009, 02:00 AM
45 min a 5g bucket!!!! Ohh I WISH! I'm like 3-4 hrs LOL

Blom
05-09-2009, 06:28 PM
oh wow... have fun with that. I on the other hand am about 6 buckets away from being done. Even skipped a tee off time this morning to get it done (Dumb). Looking forward to this week to go and do some shopping in old RC.

Blom
05-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Done... its been circulating for a few hours now and all seems well. Im going to throw the heat on it here tonight and salt up. Other than that its a waiting game till tues to grab some more goodies. Sand, a few power heads and my lights for sure.

Blom
05-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Did a little shopping today, picked up my lights (Tek 48" 6x54watt) and they are freaking bright. Im going to test the water perameters tomorrow morning and hopefully hang the light. Ill try and post the results and some pictures.

Blom
05-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Well, I have been staring at my tank on and off for the last few days and I have to say... Im very unimpressed with my progress. There are so many things that I wish I would have done from the start of the build. Enough things that I would have a good mind to restart. The biggest issue in my opinion is the lack of space under my stand. Seeing that many of my daily maintenance would be done in that area, having some room would be nice. Added toys and tools down the road have been left little space. Another thing that I would like to chance is how im going to add and subtract water from the system. With how fast water evaporates from the return section I will be topping up daily. Not to mention the salinity change in a 24 hour time span. The other thing I have begun to notice is my own slippage in my maintenance schedule on my freshwater tank. I know many people on here have several tanks, but when back to school full time I just dont feel I will have the time for two tanks. That being said I know that I want to jump into marine tanks. (I think Ive basically talked myself into it while typing) What im thinking is running a 90g display with a 90g sump. Turning my current 45g sump into at freshwater holding/mixing tank. Im also thinking that going to freaking town on a huge stable stand, with all the cubby holes a person could imagine. That way I can deal with the space issues as well as have plenty of room down the road for whatever may come. Ive been reading along so many build journals and I see that this has happened to a few people. The vast many that have rebuilt have seemed very pleased with the choice, I feel that I would be as well. Either way Im just spitting out thoughts here, see what other peoples opinions are. What are some ways that you guys deal with your water changes and top offs.

fishytime
05-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Tunze ato! As far as the stand goes...there is never enough room for all the stuff you need. If you think that changing the stand is something you want to do, do it now....while making the switch is still somewhat manageable. I have fish stuff in the living room, kitchen, dinning room etc.

Blom
05-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Thanks Doug, at this rate ill never have anything in the tank but water. Im just going to run with what I have at this time. At this point im just too new at the hobby for a rebuild, there are always going to be thing that I learn down the road that are going to effect how I set up a tank. I might as well just roll with the setup I have now and just make a note of all the ways I would like to change it for another system way off in the future. Always have to learn for yourself HAH. Im still amazed at how much moisture is given off by the tank, the humidity in my house has jumped quite a bit.

Ill try and update with some pictures when I get back home, been house sitting for the past week. Picked up a skimmer today from a fellow canreefer, Euro-Reef RS 80. A wee bit small for the volume I have but It will do to start, and until I can figure a way around the height restrictions of the stand. Im hoping to pick up the majority of my LR here in the next week or so and start the cycle out.

Blom
05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Couple of pics, new skimmer.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0160-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0161-0.jpg?rev=0

Blom
05-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Let there be light...

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0164-0.jpg?rev=0

JDigital
05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Nice, enjoy the cleanliness while its lasts.... :mrgreen:

parkinsn
05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice light!! So where's the LR?

fishytime
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Looking great....and like it just needs some rock.:razz: Just an observation....why for you did not drill de back for you returns?:mrgreen:

trouble
05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Blom looks amazing!! what did you put on the back of your tank. is it a paint or a sheeting of some kind???

Blom
05-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Looking great....and like it just needs some rock.:razz: Just an observation....why for you did not drill de back for you returns?:mrgreen:

If I had done that then there would be nothing for me to wish I had of done. Next tank ill go to town when I own my own place.

Blom looks amazing!! what did you put on the back of your tank. is it a paint or a sheeting of some kind???

Its just laminated construction paper that I had from my 90g freshwater tank. Im glad I kept it. We will see how it works out though, pretty sure the salt creep will venture in between the glass and the sheet.

Blom
05-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Nice light!! So where's the LR?

LR is next on the list. Everyone always seems to have some LR to place in their tank from older ones. First saltwater tank so no LR kicking around... and I don't know if anyone else knows this (Sarcasm :razz:) but live rock is pricey. My original plan was to add little bits at a time, but this wont help at all. Ill just have a new cycle every time I add some. Im saving up and trying to keep and eye on the livestock sales board for a good deal on some. 1000 bucks for 100lbs is just out of my reach.

trouble
05-19-2009, 10:41 PM
cool thanks man. one more silly question. the egg crate in the bottom of your tank, im assuming you are leaving it in there permanently. why.???

Blom
05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
cool thanks man. one more silly question. the egg crate in the bottom of your tank, im assuming you are leaving it in there permanently. why.???

Well what I was thinking was 1. The egg crate would keep the rock off the glass and 2. It would add some structure for the sand. Hopefully that will keep the sand in place with the power heads running and keep critters from digging to deep. Im not sure if it will work, or if its even necessary. Meh cant hurt.

Blom
05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
I think I may have simplified my life, well at least the saltwater tank part of it. I ordered a 25g (23' Dia x 16' H) Poly Tank from Plastic Mart. I plan on using it for the RO holding tank, and maybe to mix salt water in it. With the RO unit in the washroom, I was just going to run the filtered line 12 feet or so to the holding tank. Im now wondering if the water will be able to follow the line 12 feet with a 3 - 4 foot vertical at the end into the top of the tank. I ask this because there is barely enough pressure coming out of that thing to run straight down into a bucket. I guess time will tell, but in true jump in ass over head first mentality the tank is ordered, paid for and en'route. Im sure Ill just go pick up the line, run it the distance and see tomorrow. I was also tempting the idea to build some kind of enclosure for it so there wouldn't be this Poly tank sitting next to my DT. But then I remembered that this is all happening in my windowless dungeon of my basement office. And I am pretty much the only person that ever makes it down here (Most people get distracted at the 61' TV and sectional, many a lives that couch has eaten). So to hell with ascetics, not bucketing water all over the house wins. As if that was even a contest!

Doug when you have some free time I would love to see how that Tunez ATO works, Thanks.

fishytime
05-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Like I said before....anytime you wanna pop over and take a boo....you can. Shoot me a pm.

Blom
05-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Like I said before....anytime you wanna pop over and take a boo....you can. Shoot me a pm.

Thanks again Doug for letting me stop by to take a look at your setup. Looking at pictures of your tank was one of the main reason I wanted to get into reef tanks, and the pictures just don't do it any justice! Amazing!!

As of today the countdown in on...
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0169-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0170-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0171-0.jpg?rev=0

Yay, so now no one can hassle my water tank. Its now a water and Rock tank :mrgreen:. Just placed it in the tank for the time being (couple hours at most before I start to fiddle with it) while I have some dinner. Going to start making the PVC substructure after my belly be full.

BUT WAIT...
My first ever salt water critter,
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0177-0.jpg?rev=0
His name is Gary (according to my brother). Gary currently resides in the sump, and is renting month to month. No year lease for this little guy. Hes little and black, and from all my reading little and black is no good for hitchhikers. So I could see Gary getting evicted in the short term, but I told him that I would look around for a proper residence for nasties like himself.

Anyways off to eat (maybe Gary) and ill post pictures as I progress.

Blom
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Well thank god for epoxy and PVC! Finished the aquascape (for now:biggrin:). All of it being fairly strong with one shelf piece being the exception. Im going to leave it for the time being as I would like to raise it another couple of inches or so. After i got it all in the tank I knew that I was going to need 20 some odd more lbs. But I will add that slowly down the road as I find the pieces that I think I need. Love to hear what every one thinks, and suggestions if there are any. First time aquascaping with LR, i found the driftwood to be easier heh.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0192-0.jpg?rev=0
Left Side (Pretty happy with this side)
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0190-0.jpg?rev=0
Right Side (the shelf at the top is the one I would like to raise a bit)
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0191-0.jpg?rev=0
Other viewable Side View
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0193-0.jpg?rev=0

Sorry about the picture quality, the $70 camera just cant hold its own when it comes to glass, water... air. A half decent camera is on my list down the road. Im going to hopefully get the sand in tonight.

xtreme
05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Look awesome. Lots of open area which will help with circulation and will be great for the fish to swim through. Tons of spots for corals. I look forward to seeing some livestock in there.:biggrin:

JDigital
05-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I really like that aquascape.. but I'm a sucker for swim throughs.. :mrgreen:

Look forward to see it with sand too! :wink:

karazy
05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
looks friggen awesome!

Blom
05-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Look awesome. Lots of open area which will help with circulation and will be great for the fish to swim through. Tons of spots for corals. I look forward to seeing some livestock in there.:biggrin:

Thanks, cant wait for something. I doubt I will ever be that excited about a snail ever again in my life!

I really like that aquascape.. but I'm a sucker for swim throughs.. :mrgreen:

Look forward to see it with sand too! :wink:

Thanks Josh, I was lucky enough to see Dougs tank before I did this. I was able to get some ideas . I have the sand outside in bucket with the hose stuck down the middle, waters still pretty murky but hopefully not long.

looks friggen awesome!

Glad everyone thinks so, thanks a lot! I wasn't crazy about it while I was stacking it all up, but I just sat in front of the tank for 30 minutes or so and it grew on me. Ill hold my judgment until I get the sand in there :mrgreen:.

Blom
05-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Tested some of the water perameters:

SG - 1.025
pH - 8.0
NO2 - < 0.3 PPM
NH3/4 - 0 PPM

Blom
05-22-2009, 06:05 AM
I managed to get the aragonite in tonight, 50lbs of dry select with 10lbs of live sand. Still fairly cloudy but nothing close to what it was.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0209-0.jpg?rev=0
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0212-0.jpg?rev=0
Much better.

BlueAbyss
05-22-2009, 07:33 AM
I like it. I really like the overlap on the left hand side of the overflow, where there is a large piece of rock at the back, and one towards the front from the other island of rock overlapping it (and the sand rising towards the back). Gives it a feeling of depth... nicely done!

parkinsn
05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Really nice aquascaping!! I like how open it is. Now the wait starts for the live stock and cycles.

Rbacchiega
05-22-2009, 05:07 PM
diggin the center rockwork...
looks great.

Myka
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Looks great! You're a couple steps ahead of me! *grumble* :lol: Rockwork is awesome!

sitandwatch
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM
I also like the the aquascape open and not bunched up.

Blom
05-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Looks great! You're a couple steps ahead of me! *grumble* :lol: Rockwork is awesome!

Thanks, and I'm only ahead for the time being. Dont you have a tank somewhere waiting to come to its new home :mrgreen:

Myka
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Hehe, yes I will be ahead of you in a couple weeks here. :D My tank shouldn't cycle either, so technically once I get the rockwork done I will be ahead of you. :p It's like cheating when you move a tank.

Blom
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM
The cycle works out great for me. It allows me some time to remember that I should be studying seeing I am a student. And the bank account could use a breather for a few weeks lol.

Myka
05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh I hear you on the bank account. I just started working again, I was off from Mar 12 to May 6th. :D

Blom
05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Yay work :cry:

And how exactly is moving all these things from BC to Sask cheating? I think you got cheated on your cheating!

fishytime
05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Aw man!......you covered up all that beautiful eggcrate with rock!!! I thought your tank was gonna be something different:sad::mrgreen: All kidding asside...the scape looks wicked man.:thumb:

Blom
05-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Gotta have more eggcreate.

Retested for Ammonia - 0.5 PPM

Love that increasing number. Here fishy fishy fishy.

fishytime
05-24-2009, 01:44 AM
I dont know if youve mentioned it or not but what are your plans for stocking?

Blom
05-24-2009, 02:19 AM
One big tuna. I was going to try and make a list tonight. I really like the idea of keeping species that co-exist with others, like the clown with an anemone. Or some gobys with shrimp. Love triggers, tanks is to small though and I hear there not overly reef friendly (New tank:mrgreen:) That being said I am also very open to suggestions.Im going to throw a makeshift list on here so people can chime in with all their knowledge.

Percula Clown
Banggai Cardinal
Im so so on the dwarf angels, prefer the true angels but im pretty su re my tank size is too small
Raccoon or Copperband Butterflyfish (may be to small for a copperband)
Leopard Wrasse
Would love a surgeonfish (Its there any that will be suitable for a 90g Reef tank)
Regal Tang - Again Ive been told that my tank may be a bit small
Mandarin Dragonet
There are some nice Grammas as well
And some sort of Goby.

Like I said makeshift, I need to crack open a book I have on marine fish here tonight and do a little more homework.

Blom
05-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Ive been keeping the lighting off for the time being. Blasting the LR with water every second day or so to remove the dying matter. The ammonia levels have been holding in the .25 to .50 PPM range. Im expecting more of a spike due to the die off from lack of light here in the next week or so. Ive read that the coralline algae takes off in the dark as everything else around it dies, that being said I have seen some new spots of it speraticly around the tank. Ive also seen some of the existing coralline turn from that dark reddish purple to white. I was going to siphon off the debris in the sand here today, no water change, just through a filter sock back into the sump. Definitely would like to pick up a couple more power heads to cover a few of the dead spots behind the rock work. What sort of time line should I start running for the lighting and when? I know I should start off with a few hours a day and slowly increase it over time until I reach the max. But what should I be looking for to start that out, after the Nitrate cycle? Also what levels of ammonium should I expect to see? I know this is dependent on how much die off there is, but Ive been reading that anything over 2 PPM and I should be doing a water change. Im a ways off of 2 PPM but knowing in advance cant hurt.

Thanks in advance.

Blom
05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Pics
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0243-0.jpg?rev=0
Left
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0247-0.jpg?rev=0
Right
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0248-0.jpg?rev=0

Blom
05-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Stocking list v2.0
Pair Percula Clowns
Banggai Cardinal
Yellow swallowtail Angel
Leopard Wrasse
Purple Tang
Strawberry Dotty

Myka
05-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Yay work :cry:

And how exactly is moving all these things from BC to Sask cheating? I think you got cheated on your cheating!

Hahaha!! Because I'm paying someone else to do it!!! :p

Where did you get your rock anyway? Great pieces.

Blom
05-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Hahaha!! Because I'm paying someone else to do it!!! :p

Where did you get your rock anyway? Great pieces.

Picked it up at Red Coral, was able to pick through 500+ lbs I would guess. I love that store :mrgreen:

Blom
05-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Water Parameters:
Temp - 76F
SG - 1.025
pH - 8 (closer to 7.9)
NH3/4 - 0 PPM
NO2 - 0 PPM
NO3 - 5 PPM

Blom
05-31-2009, 03:10 AM
Updated Water Parameters:
Temp 78F (Brought it up a wee bit)
SG - 1.025
NH3/4 - 0PPM
NO2 - 0PPM
NO3 - 4PPM
pH - 8.0

Im just waiting on my freshwater Tub, and the Aquacontroller Jr. I ordered. Maybe then a clean up crew:mrgreen:

Getting exciting!

JDigital
05-31-2009, 04:33 PM
One big tuna. I was going to try and make a list tonight. I really like the idea of keeping species that co-exist with others, like the clown with an anemone. Or some gobys with shrimp. Love triggers, tanks is to small though and I hear there not overly reef friendly (New tank:mrgreen:) That being said I am also very open to suggestions.Im going to throw a makeshift list on here so people can chime in with all their knowledge.

Percula Clown
Banggai Cardinal
Im so so on the dwarf angels, prefer the true angels but im pretty su re my tank size is too small
Raccoon or Copperband Butterflyfish (may be to small for a copperband)
Leopard Wrasse
Would love a surgeonfish (Its there any that will be suitable for a 90g Reef tank)
Regal Tang - Again Ive been told that my tank may be a bit small
Mandarin Dragonet
There are some nice Grammas as well
And some sort of Goby.

Like I said makeshift, I need to crack open a book I have on marine fish here tonight and do a little more homework.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but a Raccoon Butterfly would probably eat most of the coral you put in the tank. They generally are not Reef Safe.

Rock work looks great though... Look forward to see it fill up.

Blom
06-01-2009, 12:08 AM
This is kind of what im going for as an end result. 90g Display with 45G Breeder as a sump (Those are in place and cycling). A 20G Poly tank for RO storage and an eventual 20G above. I will plumb the 20G to my sump and use it as a QT for starters. Then when all is said and done it will be turned into a seahorsey tank. The 20g Poly tank will only be used as a RO reservoir, it will have a drainage plug a little higher than half way up to allow for it to be drained into a 5g bucket. Ill still have to mix my SW in buckets, just not enough room.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/untitled-0.jpg?rev=0

fishytime
06-01-2009, 01:06 AM
rooooks maaavolous:biggrin:....man....did I ever just date myself with that comment:lol: by the looks of those parameters wont be too long before a smallish cuc could be added. Its Alive!!!!:twised:

banditpowdercoat
06-01-2009, 01:32 AM
rooooks maaavolous:biggrin:....man....did I ever just date myself with that comment:lol: by the looks of those parameters wont be too long before a smallish cuc could be added. Its Alive!!!!:twised:

ZOINKS, Like WOW man!!!!

HEHEHE, your not the only one dating themselves here. Tried to get the Daughter to watch that cartoon. Nope, nothin doin she said LOL

fishytime
06-01-2009, 03:59 AM
ZOINKS, Like WOW man!!!!

HEHEHE, your not the only one dating themselves here. Tried to get the Daughter to watch that cartoon. Nope, nothin doin she said LOL

ruh-roh Raggy:mrgreen:

Blom
06-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Such a good show. A friend of mines daughter loves it, so I shamelessly drop everything to watch it with her. On I side note I would love to be 4 years old again, the toys are so much better.

Anywho... Picked up my 20g Poly tank, which actually ended up being 25 US gallons. I don't know why I thought that a Canadian supplier would be giving anything other than empirical. (Also I guess I could have just done the math in the first place) Just waiting on some things to finish getting everything together, tunes auto top off, aquacontroller Jr. Then I think Im good to go.

The tank seems happy, all water parameters are holding pretty steady. The pH is starting to get closer to that 8.1 mark the longer the lights are left on. (Antics for about 6 hrs a day now). I noticed something today for the first time though, the pelethra of life. Bristleworms galore, from what I have been able to find online I should be good. Nothing too big and no sign of fireworms. Errant bristleworms are everywhere, just ripping around the rocks. Ive also been able to track down the translucent tentacles of the Terebellid, which I hear is quite hideous. I would love to take a picture but my camera has trouble picking up the textures of the rock, let alone the little critters roaming it. Oh well ill just have to wait for my Nikon D60.

Blom
06-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Bit of a step forward, picked up my brand new Tunze ATO. First thing is first, who designed the mounting bracket. That may be the most idiotic way of more or less hanging something. Either way it works I guess. Set it all up, and started to fill the reservoir. Once I got to just over half way I plugged the Tunze in and away it went. Topped off the tank with ease, Me likey very much! No more daily bucketing of water, and more importantly no more watching RO water being made :mrgreen:. I am reluctant to show any pictures because of the mess of wiring going on right now. Im waiting on the Aquacontroller to finally rectify that, or I could just be lazy.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0295-0.jpg?rev=0

Note for next time I build a system, incorporate some sort of wire routing system... better yet a Fish room :mrgreen:

fishytime
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
No livestock updates?

Blom
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
No livestock updates?

That seems like an odd question seeing you packed everything. I was going to leave it till there was more of something to update. But Doug wants it now, and what Doug wants, Doug gets! :lol:

Picked up a handful of cleaners yesterday at RC. Slim pickings, its seems a few people shop there hah. So now there a couple of turbo snails running around the tank, as well as a few hermits. I know one type of crab is the Halloween hermit, the other 4 I haven't been able to find out. Grayish black legs with white bands. Everything has disappeared into the rock work, except for the Halloween hermit who has so graciously stayed in view. I guess he feels sorry for me, watching the tank with nothing to watch.

I also seeded the tank with Tigger Pods, figure it would give the little guys some time to regroup without anything trying to eat them.

I am just going to slowly add the cleanup crew a few at a time, and hold off on fish and corals. At least until I am more certain of where I could be living come September. If I find I get to stay in Calgary then off to the races, If I have to move to Edmonton... well as a Calgarian I would be upset. Who wants to watch the Oilers toss away another season.

fishytime
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
If I have to move to Edmonton... well as a Calgarian I would be upset. Who wants to watch the Oilers toss away another season.
:drum:.:lol: There is doubt as to your where abouts?

Blom
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes, with school. I may be a student at SAIT this upcoming Sept. And if not then I will be a student an NAIT. Either way... Im done thinking about it. Ill see how it falls together over the next 2 months.

Blom
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Woke up this morning to find all 10 of the blue legged hermits had all made their way into the front corner of the tank. Seems strange... all 10! They are all alive, just dog piled... sorry Crab piled on top of each other. Strange little critters.

parkinsn
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Here i thought there was going to be the first livestock pics up when i saw you updated.

My crabs seem to congregate on the same rock, not really sure why. Must be some good eats.

Blom
06-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Here i thought there was going to be the first livestock pics up when i saw you updated.

My crabs seem to congregate on the same rock, not really sure why. Must be some good eats.

Would be nice, Hopefully I will have some idea somewhat soon about school. Then I will know if there is a point in stocking the tank. AS for the crabs, im just going to chalk it up to them not being the brightest of creatures.

Blom
06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0335-0.jpg?rev=0

heh toys!

Blom
06-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Well the Jr is up and running. I am going to wait for the serial cable in the hopes that it is way easier to program on the PC. Neat idea though, there are so many different ways that it can be programed to respond to any number of things.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0337-0.jpg?rev=0

Pretty happy with how the tank turned out. Now for some livestock...

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/6/b/184899/dsci0338-0.jpg?rev=0

Leah
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
It looks great, love the way you aquascaped

Carmen
06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
VERY nice aquascape! Great looking set-up!

JDigital
06-12-2009, 06:21 PM
You really need a computer to "program" it?? Dude, the language they use is soooo basic! :lol: "If" X "<" or ">" Y then Z "Off"On"...

Congrats on the new toy though! :D

Blom
06-12-2009, 09:25 PM
No, I dont. I was just assuming it to be less time consuming than having to roam around a three button menu. And based on what I have been able to see on the program I would think that true. Other than that I dont see the issue with wanting to hook up the Aquacontroller Jr w/ Serial option to my computer with the serial. Just my view.

Blom
06-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Well got my acceptance for NAIT today, so unless SAIT pulls through here in the next month and a half it looks as if I will be moving to Edmonton. I love the timing, right after I get the tank set up. If I do end up moving I will most likely downgrade to a smaller tank. At this point who knows... come on Sait!

fishytime
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Dude:neutral:

Blom
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Dude:neutral:

haha... Par for the course!

JDigital
06-16-2009, 10:50 PM
haha... that sucks man... Then again I'm sorta in a similar situation if I get accepted by NAV Canada, I'm sure I would have to move for the training/school.

Hope SAIT accepts you... Way better city! :lol:

Blom
06-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Better city... that may be the understatement of the year. The only other place I could think of off the top of my head to NOT go t would be Winnipeg. (Sorry MB'ers... it sucks) I have everything to get into the program... Obviously if I am accepted at other schools. Not to mention I already have an undergraduate degree (BSc Psyc). Bah I'm pretty unimpressed with the inner workings of SAIT. Seems like the staff (not instructors) are high all the time hah. Took them close to a month to report on my transcripts after they received them, how I know this is that I applied to two separate programs. My transcripts were received in one but not the other, the reason... apparently they missed that I had applied to two programs.. Unheard of eh? Either way it doesn't matter, Sait can do as they please. If I see an acceptance letter before say Aug 10th than I stay. Otherwise Im Etown bound.

Blom
06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
So its looking like a move to Edmonton, that being the case I have a few things for sale. A 90g Freshwater planted tank with ehiem canister filter and about 20 fish. Im going to Edmonton next week too look at some places. Depending on what there is I can find I may be selling off parts of the saltwater tank that never got up and running. Im really hoping to find a place where I can keep it though. If I end up having to downsize the tank then there will be all the glass, stand,Tek 6 Bulb Light. Just thought I would plant the seed :biggrin:

Blom
06-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Done, problem solved. I move and no tanks shall move with me. Look for most of everything in the Buy Sell forums. I hope to recoup half of what I have put into this. Gotta love how things work out sometimes.

BlueAbyss
06-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Aww dude, that's too bad. I was really looking forward to this build.

Blom
07-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Everything is pretty much sold

lorenz0
07-03-2009, 04:56 AM
sorry to hear about that. what program are you taking?

Blom
07-03-2009, 09:27 AM
sorry to hear about that. what program are you taking?

Mechanical Engineering, I'm personally a big fan of math and physics.:twised:

Blom
07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I may.. or may not... set up a seahorse tank. I dont know enough about them yet to make that decision. Ive also got to look into some sumpless designs for filtration. I was thinking a 30g tank or so. I know low flow is a must so that helps. We will see, Ive just dumped alot of money into a tank that I ended up getting very little from. SO I will figure it out once I get settled. (Kevin you might as well start stocking some more sea horses haha). Either way Im down to one last piece to sell, the 25g poly tank. At this point I just need to get rid of it. Let me know what a garbage can at rona would go for, tack on 10 bucks and thats the sale price if anyone is interested. Comes with the heater and powerhead that I used in it to keep the water moving.

Leah
07-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Well good luck at school and hope to see you back some day!:wink: