PDA

View Full Version : Anenome Dilemma

supersmile
04-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I have a long tentacle anenome that is fairly large about 6 inches wide that has already split. I have 2 clowns that host in the anenome. I think the anenome is eating my fish particularly fish that are more passive and are not fast swimmers. I have lost 2 bangaii cardinals and just yesterday my coral beauty. Is it possible the anenome is eating the fish because they just disappear and are nowhere to be found??? I am thinking about either getting rid of the anenome (although my clowns live in it) or getting a larger tank (I have a 45 gallon right now). Any thoughts??

loveless
04-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Ummm I have a very large rose bubble tip anemone that is probably 18 inches across and has never had a fish swim into it in a year and a half. I know crazier things have happened but if you havent seen the fish actually being consumed by your nem then you might want to look to see if there is another issue concerning your fish. 3 fish seems like alot

Myka
04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
My Bubble coral ate one of my Bangaiis. It is not unheardof to have an LTA eat fish, but at 6" it is actually fairly small.