PDA

View Full Version : Tank, live rock and accessories for sale!

goldrimtang
06-26-2003, 03:48 AM
Hello everybody,

After almost there years as a reefer, I'm afraid that I have to get out of the hobby, at least for a few years. I'll have my first child born in a few months and I'm also starting a new business, so I won't be able to take care of my tank the way I want. The tank is now still operating, but almost all fish and corals are now gone (sold or given away).
Now you can take advantage and get some good stuff for cheap. In average, I’ve priced at around 60% of the new price. Things that are like new I priced at 70% of its new price, while older stuff at 50% and less.
Here is the stuff for sale, note that I won't be able to sell any dry goods until the live rock is sold (otherwise it won't be live anymore):

A- 110 gal. glass tank (drilled)
B- Stand
C- VHO lights (fixture + ballasts)
D- 2 Mag 700 pumps
E- 1 Rio 3100 pump
F- 4 Maxi-Jet 1200
G- Full Size HiS TFC R/O Kent Unit.
H- Protein Skimmer AquaC EV/150
I- PH Pin point monitor
J- 2 heaters
K- Live rock 150lb (Premium Fiji Rock & Tonga Deep water).
L- A Gold rim tang (powder brown) fish.

Note:
- Everything was bought new two and a half years ago at J&L aquatics and has been in continuous operation since then unless otherwise specified.
- The 'Price New (including taxes)' was taken from the J&L website and added 14.5% of taxes. It is given only as a reference.
- I don't have any of the original boxes.
- I don't deliver anything, you'll have to show up and pick up the stuff on your own. I'm located in Vancouver.
- Dry goods like the skimmer, heater etc will be properly clean.
- Any buyer can pick from a bunch of minor things for free: additives, food, hydrometer, tests, etc.

Details:

A – Tank: Dimensions: 72” x 20” x 19” . This is an all glass tank that I bought 3 years ago second hand, so I can't really tell how old it is. It is in good condition, but expect a few scratches here and there. I got it drilled a year ago and since then it's been great to operate without an overflow box. It has two 2.5" holes in the back (close to the top corners). I have all the fittings, pipes, etc (fairly expensive stuff), and it is now operating with a sump and top off system. The top off requires a fresh water refill only once per week. All these are included for the buyer.
Price: see stand.
B – Stand: This is a wood stand I bought with the tank also second hand. It holds the tank well and leaves for plenty of space for storage inside. The color is maple.
Price including tank: 500$

C – Lights: This is a Hamilton 72" 4-165W VHO Fixture (black aluminium) with the ballast for the 4 bulbs and a fan. The bulbs go for free, but they should be replaced soon.
Price New (including taxes) (includes fixture with fan and ballasts): 1216$
My price: 800$

D – Mag 700 pumps: One of these is running the skimmer and is about 1 year old, the other one is just two months old. Mag Pumps are very reliable and well made, with just one moving part and made all of ABS plastic.
Price New (including taxes) (each): 114$
My price: newer pump: 85$ older pump: 70$

E – Rio 3100 pump: This has been the main return pump and hasn't giving me much trouble. It might need an impeller change soon.
Price New (including taxes): 75$
My price: 30

F - Maxi-Jet power heads: Price New (including taxes): 40$
My price: 20$

G – R/O unit: I believe this is a 60 gallons per day unit but I'm not 100% sure, so there's no guarantee on this. I can tell that it fills up the top off container (11 Gal), which holds one week of fresh water, in around 3 or 4 hrs (depending on how clean is the media). The media will need replacement soon.
Price New (including taxes): 332$
My Price: 200$

H –AquaC EV/150 skimmer: Even though it's been operating for 2 1/2 years, this unit is pretty much like new since it doesn't have any moving parts. It has been a great skimmer, with little maintenance and excellent results.
Price New (including taxes): 572$
My price: 400

I – PH monitor: This is only one year old, with no moving parts it’s just like new. It includes the power supply.
Price New (including taxes) (with power supply): 165$
My price: 132$

J – Heaters: One is 300 W and the other 150 W, both Visi-Therm.
Price New (including taxes): 300W : 41$ 150W : 39$
My price: 23$ (any).

K – Live rock: Most of it is Premium Fiji and the rest Tonga. There are all sizes and shapes. These rocks won't need any curing and can go straight to your tank (they are in mine now). These are nice looking rocks of good quality, but some of the life was lost while moving 6 months ago.
Price New (including taxes) (per lb.): Fiji : 6.52$ , Tonga : 8.76$
My price: 4$ per pound (any kind or size).

L – Tang: A beautiful fish, at least 2" long
Price New (including taxes): 33$
My price: 20$

PM if you are interested. Thank you !

1bigstud
06-26-2003, 04:29 AM
I would like the return pumps. pm me and we can make a DEAL!!! :biggrin:

Jedi68
06-26-2003, 07:45 PM
I will take the powerheads off you.

Dorkel Marine 1
06-27-2003, 07:16 AM
Interested in your 150 watt heater. I'd also like to snoop at your additives and test kits.

Unable to PM you. Give me a PM or Phone number so I can drop by.

George Muller

Jedi68
06-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Sorry about the confusion Emil! I made the assumption that you were selling two...what a dummy.
I only need two so I guess the other two powerheads are still available.

goldrimtang
07-03-2003, 06:07 PM
Here's an update of what's left

A- 110 gal. glass tank (drilled)
B- Stand
D- 2 Mag 700 pumps
G- Full Size HiS TFC R/O Kent Unit.
H- Protein Skimmer AquaC EV/150
I- PH Pin point monitor
J- 2 heaters
K- Live rock 50lb (Premium Fiji Rock & Tonga Deep water).

So there's still some good live rock left for you to pick up.
Thanks for the great response!

ABreefkpr
07-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Have you sold the tank yet? What kind of stand?
Sounds like a great deal, to bad I live so far away. I'm also interested in the live rock but :sad:

AJ_77
07-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Is this the same item that's listed on the J&L website? Does your have halides as well?? (Their VHO-only one is $749 I think.)

Hark
07-15-2003, 04:30 PM
I am interested in the PH Monitor if you will ship to ontario.

please email me at hark@rogers.com if it is still available

barry c
07-15-2003, 06:16 PM
If you are willing to ship i'd be interested in the 2 mag 700s. give me an email at bcole@dexter.ca if you're interested.

barry

Skimmerking
07-15-2003, 08:43 PM
if i'm not mistaken the ph moniter probes dont really last past 18 months . i know mine didnt last ..

Jeff
07-16-2003, 03:58 AM
I've had mine for almost two years and it still calibrates nicely.

1bigstud
07-17-2003, 02:08 AM
I would like the return pump if you still have it pm me with a price.

cowfish
07-19-2003, 07:40 PM
do you still have any water pump left?

goldrimtang
07-19-2003, 08:16 PM
The two Mag pumps are still available

ABreefkpr
07-20-2003, 05:40 AM
Does the Skimmer include a pump?

Keith

goldrimtang
07-21-2003, 06:25 PM
No it doesn't, but I can give you a deal if you take the skimmer and a pump.