PDA

View Full Version : FS - Corals, Fish and Liverock - Langley BC

Scales
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
After many years, I must unfortunately dismantle my 180g tank. I am unable to devote the necessary time to maintain the system properly due to a very hectic and chaotic schedule (children/travel/employment/etc.). Last year there was an SPS "crash" while I was out of the country for a month. Everything else was fine (even a few SPS have survived and are currently growing well). However, this was no doubt an early signal that I should probably abandon the care of such tanks for a few years until I have more time.

I plan to sell everything in stages: invertebrates, liverock, fish, and finally the equipment. The first to go will be the invertebrates and liverock. I have a few corals and quite a bit of liverock (it is either Tonga or Fiji). I have (ready to go) ~150 lbs of Tonga and some Fiji (I do not know exactly how much) - this is being stored (maybe crammed is a better description) in two 20 gallon Rubbermaid tubs after being removed to simplify my tank for sale purposes. I will sell the rock in the tubs for $4.50/lb. - if you take all, I will discount to $4.00/lb.

I will need to sell the invertebrates before selling all the remaining rock in the tank (without corals at the same price as above). I have yet to determine all prices for the corals and once I get a picture of the tank posted (I will try to do that tonight or tomorrow - I am not that good with technology, so posting a picture is a major undertaking!), I am quite receptive to reasonable offers with discounting for increased numbers.

I have had most coral specimens for a few years and many are attached to pieces of rock. I will not be charging much for the corals, but it will be necessary for you to purchase the rock (and in some cases the other corals each is attached to). If you want to try to remove a coral, I have no issue with that so long as you pay for the coral first and then proceed at your own risk. What remains is:

- a smaller piece of blue/light purple SPS: $10 for the coral plus the cost of the rock
- I have a couple of larger (and expensive) SPS colonies (2 acropora, 1 scroll/turbinaria) that basically “crashed”, but there were a few branches/areas that remained OK – the remaining parts have done well in the past year - I have little doubt that these are capable of being fragged and will provide several pieces: I am thinking $20 each
- montipora capricornus – a variety of pieces: orange, green, purple/brown
- montipora Digitata – some tan clumps
- large corky sea finger: sold
- miscellaneous rock pieces with mushrooms and zooanthids: blue and pink/tan
- yellow polyps: $20
- an orange plate type of coral - ~3 inches in diameter: $10
- a cabbage coral, attached to a rock with a pink type of SPS: $25

**all names are provided for convenience only…it will be up to the buyer to accurately identify as I may very well be wrong about exact names.

Most fish have been with me for some time. They will be for sale after all the coral and rock is gone - I will post prices at that time. I stock very lightly and have not had any "fish" issues in a couple of years:
- Yellow Tang: ~3.5inches
- Yellow Tang: ~2.5 inches
- Kole Tang: ~4 inches
- Bangaii Cardinal
- Anthias (I think it is a bicolour)
- mated pair of Percula clowns – they spawn every couple of weeks
- Valentini Puffer
- I had a small red goby type of fish – very cool little guy who hung around upside down under rock ledges, darting out for food – I think he must have hid in the rocks being removed from the tank – hopefully he will “surface “ at some point found in the live rock and sold!

I have no knowledge of any problems such as redbugs, flatworms and the like. The only nuisance is valonia, and there is a bit of algae arising from the recent minimalistic approach to maintennace.

First come, first served.
I am not inclined to ship.
Please pm me if you are interested.

Trevor

moppy
04-21-2009, 02:37 AM
pm'ed...

belzebuth
04-21-2009, 03:36 AM
PM sent

hillegom
04-21-2009, 04:12 AM
pm'd

Scales
04-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks to all who replied - I was surprised by the number of responses. I will be available at my house tonight (Tuesday) between 6:30 and 7:30, and tomorrow between 6:00 and 7:00. I live in the Walnut Grove area of Langley. If you want to inspect/purchase, let me know by PM and I will give you the address. Please bring your own bucket/container.

With respect to the fish, I am going to resist selling any until the corals and most of the tank rock is gone. I do not want to stress them out by trying to net from a large stocked tank. I will post prices when I am ready to sell the fish.

Cheers.

Scales
04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Revised time for tonight is 5:30 to 7:30.
Cheers.

icecool217
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Revised time for tonight is 5:30 to 7:30.
Cheers.

Oh man...It's game time!! Need to watch the game rather than spend it on the drive to your house :cry:

Scales
04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I am unable to meet tonight (sorry for any inconvenience), but will be "hanging around" on Saturday morning betweeen 10:00 and 1:00.

If you want to swing by, please email me for an address and directions - my house is not so easy to find, even using map sites.

I can arrange other times by PM.

Trevor