PDA

View Full Version : Any Saskatoon interest in 3' cube setup (SOLD)

sphelps
04-20-2009, 03:14 AM
Looking for interest in my setup that will be up for sale in the next month or two. The details:

Top Aquarium:

36x36x24 Euro Braced starphire glass tank (excellent cond.)
back centered overflow
5 additional holes in base for closed loop
Reeflo Dart pump for closed loop
2 x 250W MH using electronic ballasts, lumenmax3 reflectors, 14K phoenix bulbs (all 4 months old)
6 x 39W T5s all with individual reflectors and German bulbs on WH ballasts

Bottom aquarium:

30x24x16 acrylic aquarium
back corner overflow
4 x 24W T5s with individual reflectors and German bulbs

Birch and Oak stand and canopy, canopy can be attached to roof rails for easy removal.

Filtration:

All plumbed into one system contained in a cabinet
Designed to hold main sump on base, skimmer on second self and refugium on top shelf but can be modded to fit requirements
Euro reef skimmer RS180
LED refugium Light
Sedra 3500 for skimmer and refugium feed
Can either use Sedra 1200 internal or Reeflo Dart external for return pump
DIY style Ca reactor with regular, solenoid, and 5lb CO2 bottle

OK here's the deal, this system is somewhat elaborate and perhaps not for everyone so I'm willing to work with the right person to make it perfect for their needs. For example I will build a new sump and mod the stand to have a more basic system where you just have the one glass tank and sump in stand. Also if you buy the two tanks, lights, and stand as is I will give you whatever and all you want from the filtration side for free.

I am also available for install and can sell the tank including livestock (fully installed with new sump and plumbing), tank will be fully stocked with a nice selection of sps, lps, and fish.

Will part out to the right people if enough hardware is purchased.

Pricing (open to offers):

Take everything as is (hardware only): $2000

Take main glass tank with new sump and stand mod: $2500 (add livestock and install (includes move): add $1500)

These are just rough prices to give an idea, like I said I'm willing to work with people and meet their requirements.

Please PM or email sphelps@sasktel.net

Pictures:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/FTS/DSC_0249.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/FTS/DSC_1709.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/FTS/lower1_06_2008.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/June%2016%202008/DSC_0307.jpg
Sorry but I'm keeping the BK and controller :mrgreen:

Rbacchiega
04-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Oh how I wished I were in Saskatoon....well, for the tank anyways ;) :P

Free Bump for an excellent setup

gadgetguy
04-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Steve, are you upgrading or getting out of the hobby?

sphelps
04-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Steve, are you upgrading or getting out of the hobby?

Neither, I'm moving. I will setup again.

banditpowdercoat
04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
That is beautiful. Sire gave me other idea's for my present tank, and future ones. Thx....

Scythanith
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Are you moving within Saskatoon or is this in preparation of going to Calgary? I'd be interested in some of your Monti's and acan's if you want to part out livestock.

Oxymoron
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow amazing setup.

sphelps
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
To clarify I'm looking to line up a sale for hardware not livestock. However if someone would be willing to buy all or most of the hardware I will give them priority on most of the livestock. Otherwise the livestock will be sold or given to people I know here in Saskatoon. If you have not drank at least one beer with me chances are you're not going to have access to any livestock unless you purchase all or most hardware.

Sorry for the confusion.

I will hold out for full, or almost full, hardware sale until May 1st. If a sale is not finalized by then I will explore parting out, but again just hardware.

Myka
04-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I'll come drink beer and shoot the shhhhhht with ya! ;) For no more reason than that. :D

I would be interested in your skimmer and an ATO if there is one (not listed, and can't make one out inthe photos...but maybe?). I doubt you want to just sell the skimmer though!! I remember seeing pics of this setup quite awhile ago, and absolutely freakin LOVING it!!! Didn't realise it is yours! Nice! If you do end up parting out I would be interested in buying the whole lot of livestock from both tanks.

sphelps
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry the BK skimmer and Controller is not for sale. I have a ER RS-180 which I will sell with the setup. The ATO is part of the controller.

Myka
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I meant the ER. :) Have you tried Kijiji?

sphelps
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
I meant the ER. :) Have you tried Kijiji?
Will sell ER separately, make me an offer. Comes with brand new impeller assembly (in box) and older one modded with mesh wheel. 100% clean and ready to go. Has also been modded to use gate valve instead of the adjustable height tube.

Trying to avoid kijiji, I figure anyone actually interested on such a setup will either be on here or another local reef site.

superduperwesman
04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
To clarify I'm looking to line up a sale for hardware not livestock. However if someone would be willing to buy all or most of the hardware I will give them priority on most of the livestock. Otherwise the livestock will be sold or given to people I know here in Saskatoon. If you have not drank at least one beer with me chances are you're not going to have access to any livestock unless you purchase all or most hardware.

Sorry for the confusion.

I will hold out for full, or almost full, hardware sale until May 1st. If a sale is not finalized by then I will explore parting out, but again just hardware.

I've never drank any beer with you... and I don't plan to buy any hardware... any chance I could get some livestock?

sphelps
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I've never drank any beer with you... and I don't plan to buy any hardware... any chance I could get some livestock?
Wes, you're a special case, we can discuss later.

Myka
04-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Will sell ER separately, make me an offer. Comes with brand new impeller assembly (in box) and older one modded with mesh wheel. 100% clean and ready to go. Has also been modded to use gate valve instead of the adjustable height tube.

Trying to avoid kijiji, I figure anyone actually interested on such a setup will either be on here or another local reef site.

Bah! I don't know what it's worth! I'll go hunt around the classifieds and find out...

sphelps
04-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Bah! I don't know what it's worth! I'll go hunt around the classifieds and find out...
How about $250? Half of what it was new and comes with new impeller and gate valve mod.

Myka
04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Ok, when ya want to meet up?

sphelps
04-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Whenever works for you, I can even drop it off at the LFS and you can pick up at your convenience.

Myka
04-21-2009, 02:55 AM
I can come by tomorrow...anytime. I haven't found a job here yet, so my schedule is fairly open! ;)

sphelps
04-21-2009, 03:13 AM
PM'd