PDA

View Full Version : Penductor

Buccaneer
06-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi Everybody ... I am looking into getting a " penductor " ( mini version of a eductor ) to increase the flow in my tank ... for more info on what I am referring to check this link ...

http://www.kthsales.com/website/Misc/hello_salt_water_enthusiasts.htm

I am looking at getting 3 ( 4 and there is free shipping ) so if anyone wants in on this let me know soon !

Cheers

jgoldsney
06-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Oooh looks realy cool.....

I wonder......I am looking at running a mag18 through a SQWD for a closed loop alternating current. I wonder how it would perform with one of these on each output :biggrin:

I would be in for a couple.... Anyone else in E-Town interested?

Joel

tkhawaja
06-25-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm interested in a few myself. How about posting in the Edmonton forum for a group order.

StirCrazy
06-25-2003, 11:28 PM
we looked at thease a while ago.. they are about 3" long and requier 10psi pressure on them to work. you won't get this pressure from a non pressure rated pump.

they will work good if you can develop the pressure but at a length of 3" pluss your piping elbow or what ever they will stick out more that a maxijet powerhead.

Steve

tkhawaja
06-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Just checked my pump pressure. According to the calculations on the link provided I will not have enough pressure to make use of the penducter. So, I'm out.

jgoldsney
06-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Hmmm well I doubt that my pump will put out 10 PSI but they do say on the web site that this is the optimum pressure and that it still would work at a lower pressure.

Thoughts anyone?

Joel

Buccaneer
06-27-2003, 08:36 AM
Well I have 2 types of pumps to test it with ... 4MDQXSC x 1 ( return pump ) and Mag 18 x 2 ( on closed loops ) ... the LG should work but the Mag 18 might struggle a bit as they are definately not pressure rated ... if the Mag 18's dont work then I might be in the market for a Mak 4 or 5 ... will test and see ... is anybody interested in getting one ( 1 ) to get free shipping ?

Cheers

ldzielak
07-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Steve,

Just to tell you about my experience with these pumps, I had the 4MDQX-SC on my return, with about 5' of head I'm guessing. I switched it out for a MAK4 and I get just a tiny bit more flow. The 4MDQX-SC is a flow rated pump and not for pressure.

I also have a MAG18 on closed loop and having opened it up, the design is not for pressure. I have not pulled the MAK4 appart, but I figure this is a much better pressure pump. I also have a Iwaki MD55RTL on my ETSS800 simmer, a real pressure pump rate for 17 PSI, I can see the difference in the impeller design and the mag and LG are no match. I would guess the MAK4 is not far behind the Iwaki.

Lee

tkhawaja
07-05-2003, 04:53 AM
If this is still going ahead for anyone in Edmonton, put me down for two. Even if I can't use them right now, I'm sure I'll eventually have a bigger tank / pump. :lol: