PDA

View Full Version : IceCap overdrive a NO

titus
03-28-2002, 10:37 PM
Hello,

Just took a look in my canopy today and realized the new Philips NO Daylight bulb I put in 1 month ago is already showing signs of age. One of the ends is already black and the bulb's output is not even close to its original intensity.

There are 3 other VHOs from URI in the system and all are driven by an IceCap controlled by a Niche Engineering's Solar 1000-L1 in case you are wondering. 1 month life for a NO is a bit too short for me. I just put in a new Philips NO daylight and a Philips NO high-CRI so we'll see how it goes.

StirCrazy
03-28-2002, 10:45 PM
thats weird Titus, most peopl say there NO's last over 1 year on the icecap.. mind you I learned how the life of bulbs are rated yesterday and the likely hood of getting one that will fail in 1 month is 2% so you might have gottena bum bulb. you should realy try the GE Daylight Ultra. it has the highest lumen output that I have seen in a NO bulb.. i put a coupld in my kitchen and all I can say is wow. they are about a 6900K and bright.

Steve

titus
03-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Hello,

Yeah bummer me. Life sucks everyday until I finish my thesis. First bad calcium test kit then bad light bulb. Can't wait to get to California later this summer after I get my thing written up. :D :D :D

[ 28 March 2002, 19:33: Message edited by: Titus ]

StirCrazy
03-28-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Titus:
Hello,

Can't wait to get to California later this summer after I get my thing written up. :D :D :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holladay?

Steve

titus
03-29-2002, 01:20 AM
Hello,

It's a roadtrip along the west coast from Vancouver to southern California. Lots of:
1) business opportunities and exposures for our board tongue.gif
2) sight seeing :eek:
3) fun time smile.gif
4) beach time :cool:
5) Home Depot time :D

StirCrazy
03-29-2002, 03:06 AM
home depot? hmm no southdown on the west coast.. what you up to now smile.gif

Steve

titus
03-29-2002, 03:36 AM
Hello,

I did mentioned about renting a U-Haul trailer stock piling on the Southdown sand on our way up. Of course I said it as a joke but the other guys were like :eek: .

I just want to see how's the HD is like down there.

fredfish
03-31-2002, 02:38 PM
Short bulb life is when overdriven is not a surprise.

I used to work for a crt display manufacturer that did custom aps for the medical industry. This often involved overdriving the tubes, which in turn lead to a shorter life. The phosphors burn of more quickly.

If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

Fred.