PDA

View Full Version : Show Fish?

gregb.
04-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Everyone has that fish they think will make their reef tank pop,I'm looking for such fish.I've just moved my present stock from my 66g. to a 135g.The fish are 2 Bangaii Cardinals,Pixie Hawkfish,Scopas Tang,Bi-Color Angel,Coral Beauty Angel and a Banana Wrasse.My tank will be a reef tank,all the inhabitants have behaved themselves,I still think I will need a closer fish,it's Spring time so I think a baseball analogy is appropriate, to bring it all together.I will at some point get a Mandarin,I still will need an active Reef Safe show fish.Any thoughts Greg?

MikeP
04-19-2009, 05:44 AM
I'm a big fan of wrasses, how about a Leopard wrasse or a pair of Flame wrasses. Madarin's are cool but not all that active or out in the open all that much.

fishytime
04-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Generally speaking wrasses and mandarins are not a good mix. They compete for the same foods. Unless the mandarin is eating frozen foods(which is rare), it would likely slowly starve. I agree with Mike, fairy wrasses are a great addition to a tank. They dont get big and are relatively peaceful....only bad thing is, they like to jump.

reef bound
04-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I am a big fan of the purple tang, they are sooooo pretty. Not sure if getting along with your scopas would be a problem.

Zoaelite
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I am a big fan of the purple tang, they are sooooo pretty. Not sure if getting along with your scopas would be a problem.

In a 135 they should be fine together, just have to add them at the right times so one doesn't become overly dominant.
Levi