PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Flame

Ryan
04-17-2009, 07:09 PM
So I go back south for a week to come back to a darker flame. He is alot darker so is my clown, it almost looks a bunch of tiny black spots on my flame. I am going to try to get some picutres. I have a torch and Hammer Coral in there I wonder if he was playing where he wasnt supposed to?

Ryan
04-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Alright so Flame Angel is suddenly camera shy but cruising RC I found a picture.

My guy is starting to get peppering like this.

What do you think its from? I have a torch, Candycane and Hammer in there. I am feeding NLS with some Mysis.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Ryan_GSP/2219446679_a84e3234de.jpg

Delphinus
04-18-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm sorry but I don't quite see what you mean in the picture.

Do you mean that there are black dots on the fish, as if someone sprinkled fine ground table pepper on them? If so, it could be "black ich" (it's not real ich though, it's a flatworm). If that is what it is, a freshwater dip of 4 to 5 minutes (equalized for temperature) should kill them off, the fish will be fine (although good luck catching the fish).

Myka
04-18-2009, 06:42 AM
From the picture...you're talking about the black dusting along the fish's head? Looks like it may be velvet disease...?

Ryan
04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Ya thats exactly it Myka. Like I said I havent been able to look at him really good yet but it looks somthing like that.

Its not as big as table pepper its much more fine that that.